PDA

View Full Version : Help me have a clear out please

jellytot
18-11-2010, 02:15 PM
at the moment I have lots of toys, crafts and stuff. It is in the playroom, kitchen, loft, outside, everywhere. I want to have a clear out but need help. What would you say are the bare minuim you could work with? include toys, craft and equipment.

clio0602
18-11-2010, 02:25 PM
I have too much stuuf too but I always think I might need that in future. I think I have too much big toddler toys walkers, push alongs, ride ons rockers, bounce and spin zebra and after xmas or maybe before I will get rid of some of those things.

I tend to use alot of craft things and bought an easel which never gets used and I have too much small world although my 7yr mindee uses that the most with the dinosaurs or transformers lol

I have 100's of books but can't get rid of those incase I need them

Be interested to find out what else I can lose :)

jellytot
18-11-2010, 02:28 PM
lol clio you sound just like me, cant get rid of anything because the next child to start may like to play with it. I really need to be firm with myself, I mean do we really need 3 big boxes of books that live in the loft!!

FussyElmo
18-11-2010, 02:33 PM
If the books are in the loft then there is a good chance that you dont need them.

Go through everything and be ruthless unless its a well used toy that does get reused, get rid either store it or sell it on etc

I find most of mine play with the same toys over and over :thumbsup:

miss mopple
18-11-2010, 02:34 PM
My essential list would be:

Books (but wittle down and just get from the library for variation :thumbsup: )
Duplo
Happy Land
Dressing up
Kitchen and playfood
Junk modelling and craft stuff
Dolls
Cars and garage

That's what is most played with here

newandlearning
18-11-2010, 05:08 PM
hi ..

we use regularly our:
trains
cars
musical/ICT toys
art stuff
duplo
dinosaurs
oh .. all the lil peeps things

I sometimes wonder whether having less out wouldn't be more.. that way make things somehow more accessible? :rolleyes:

I'm loathed to get rid of anything as everything I have is pretty new.. what I do do is get rid of anything which is broken or doesn't seem to work anymore..

Is it possible that if you just went through things with the kids you could find some stuff gets naturally put out for charity due to kids not wanting or it not working soo well? :)

gegele
18-11-2010, 05:24 PM
get rid of anything which

"is a bit broken but still ok"

just need a new this or that

miss that bit which must be somewhere around

hasn't been thought of for over a year

i use once i bought the thing to go with it.....

that's quite a lot will go LOL
:thumbsup:

Blue Boy
18-11-2010, 06:23 PM
We could be a branch of Toys R Us and Ikea for storage. Never know when the mindees will play with something. As sure as eggs are eggs as soon as you get rid of something they will want it, even though thay have not foe ages:rolleyes: