PDA

View Full Version : Starting points ... what are they?

pinkbutterfly
18-11-2010, 12:55 PM
Just trying to catch up with the paperwork as I'm due an inspection soon. I have noticed that 'lack of starting points' comes up sometimes on inspection reports in my area. What are they? Is it this 'all about me' form? Would appreciate any info/links.

Blaze
18-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Basically when a LO first joins you you work out where they are roughly in terms of learning & development through your own obs, talking with parents & any info from other / previous settings....this is your starting point or baseline assessment.
HTH:)

Lady Haha
18-11-2010, 01:47 PM
Grrr!! Don't get me started on that again!!!! I had to do starting points for my reception child last Sept! Basically it means 'what can they do now?' and in my mindees case it was pretty much everything because she was so old! Gave me very little scope for next steps and planning!

pinkbutterfly
18-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Hmm I think I get the idea. I do my own learning journals and I link everything to EYFS. If I just take one of those forms in free downloads the 'eyfs assessment sheets' and mark from my own obs where they fit will I be covered?