PDA

View Full Version : netmums

moogster1a
18-11-2010, 09:16 AM
Thought you'd all like this comment on Netmums.com under "nursery costs so high"

ridiculous prices
Childcare costs are so high that if I have a 2nd child I'll be working for free just to keep my pension going. Dh earns enough so that we don't get any credits. Won't go with child minder until dd is old enough to tell me what she's been up to during the day as I want to know if she's fed crisps and sugary treats and parked in front of the telly all day instead of engaged in meaningful activities

green puppy
18-11-2010, 01:06 PM
None of the comments suprise me on that site, some people are so ignorant!

georgie456
18-11-2010, 01:13 PM
For goodness sake!!!! I've heard it all now - you have to laugh or you'd get SO annoyed!

Blaze
18-11-2010, 01:16 PM
None of the comments suprise me on that site, some people are so ignorant!

Same!:rolleyes: :mad:

:idea: Think the OP should me made "to walk a mile in a CM's shoes"!!!!:D

maryp0ppins
18-11-2010, 01:58 PM
horrid people!! (on netmums...not here :D )

Playmate
18-11-2010, 04:09 PM
I advertise on there and that is it. Narrow minded bunch of ........... :D

TammyN
18-11-2010, 04:46 PM
:angry: :angry: :angry:

HOW HORRIBLE AND LIGHTMINDED ARE SOME PEOPLE!

At least we will never have to deal with her!!

Tammy

Curly Quavers
18-11-2010, 05:31 PM
I feel sorry for the poor childminder that end up with HER! :angry: :angry:

The Juggler
18-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Same!:rolleyes: :mad:

:idea: Think the OP should me made "to walk a mile in a CM's shoes"!!!!:D

thing is it's not necessarily their fault they think this. Round here all the parents know the CM's who literally do do what the poster said - when they are IN that is, rest of time they are in primark, starbucks, m&s cafe or wherever else they can find coffee, then other times they are at large playgroups where they can sit and drink whilst the kids play:( it's no wonder parents have a skewed view of what we do:angry:

Ripeberry
18-11-2010, 08:18 PM
We also get this view from nursery workers. I went to a conference a couple of weeks ago and we were the second sitting in the canteen for lunch.
Our of 150 people attending only 11 of us were CMs and as we were the last ones to get out of the canteen, I heard one of the nursery workers comment that "Childminders, that's all they do, sit and drink coffee all day".
I was a bit :eek: and then :angry:

Twinkles
18-11-2010, 08:44 PM
Well obviously I'm doing it all wrong then !

There must be a lot of hyper childminders out there with all the coffee they drink ! :rolleyes:

maryp0ppins
20-11-2010, 04:23 PM
I often make myself a few cups of coffee during the day............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........Just a shame that the few times I manage to get a sip of one it's gone cold :huh:

sonia ann
20-11-2010, 06:36 PM
thing is it's not necessarily their fault they think this. Round here all the parents know the CM's who literally do do what the poster said - when they are IN that is, rest of time they are in primark, starbucks, m&s cafe or wherever else they can find coffee, then other times they are at large playgroups where they can sit and drink whilst the kids play:( it's no wonder parents have a skewed view of what we do:angry:

there are some like that here too.........:(

marian
20-11-2010, 08:54 PM
I often make myself a few cups of coffee during the day............................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........Just a shame that the few times I manage to get a sip of one it's gone cold :huh:

so true Hun - and when '' off duty' and you take a big gulp of coffee- its is unusually hot and you end up with a burnt mouth!!:rolleyes:

Marian x

em29
20-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Well those comments are pretty upsetting because they have no clue how childminders are now required by law to operate. What were the replies to the post does anyone know?? x