PDA

View Full Version : Ideas please

Zoomie
17-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Got my NVQ assessor coming tomorrow afternoon to observe an indoor physical activity that involves warm up and warm down.

Can't think of anything that doesn't involve singing, and I would really prefer not to have to do this in front of another adult.

My mindees are 22m (likely in need of a nap) and 4y mindee.

Any suggestions, please :blush:

Laura233
17-11-2010, 08:50 PM
I would just bite the bullet and do nursery rhymes and singing with dancing... she wont be listening to your singing!!

I cant think of anything else and kids always enjoy singing and dancing.

Alternately an indoor dance activity... hubby mentioned a dancing thing on iplayer might be worth looking at... in the childrens section.

Good luck x

sarah707
17-11-2010, 08:58 PM
My lot enjoy singing and dancing along to the Wiggles on youtube.

Start with 'get ready to wiggle'... move on to the car one or the dog / octopus... wind down with 'rock a bye bear' :D

Kes
17-11-2010, 09:06 PM
Warm up: Stretches. Can you reach the roof, touch your toes. Put your hands on your head etc.
Activity: Assault course? Crawl under the table, climb over the chair, go through the tunnel. Depending on what resources you have and space.
OR
Animals. Can you move like a ............. You could also do tree movements if you happen to be doing about Autumn.
Warm down: ? Sorry can't think of a warm down but hope I've helped.

babs
17-11-2010, 09:13 PM
last week when my assessor was here she was observing me nappy changing and afterwards the older ones who had been sat singing to each other got up and did the actions to grand old duke of york and finished up bouncing all over the living room when they stopped one held her chest and i asked could she feel her heart they all then held their chest and listened to each others heart i then suggested we should see if we could get it to slow down which we did by laying down and breathing slowly,afterwards my assessor said wow that was great i got loads of obs from that and i gave her such a funny look as she had been observing a nappy change:laughing: :laughing: