PDA

View Full Version : Am I being excessive????

claire'scherubs
17-11-2010, 08:32 PM
I have recently joined forces with another childminder and have been reviewing all my RA's and have wondered whether I should do a RA for working with another childminder and if so what the heck do I put in it???

Searched Bromley and South Gloucestershire but cannot find anything so begining to think that I am worried about nothing.

I have got permission from all parent

Thanks, I hope, in advance

Laura233
17-11-2010, 09:00 PM
I would have thought this was unnecessary... if you really want to do one, just think of any risks that might arise in this specific situation...

I really would't have thought it was necessary though, I work with an asistant and we dont have one for working together.

claire'scherubs
17-11-2010, 09:06 PM
I would have thought this was unnecessary... if you really want to do one, just think of any risks that might arise in this specific situation...

I really would't have thought it was necessary though, I work with an asistant and we dont have one for working together.

Phew!!!!! Thought I was being OTT but just wanted reassurance xx

sarah707
17-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Wouldn't it be covered in your whistleblowing policy? :D

claire'scherubs
17-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Wouldn't it be covered in your whistleblowing policy? :D

Erm!!!!????? Not sure I have that one???? Need to check:eek: :idea:

sarah707
17-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Ah, ok... if you are working with another childminder then you do need one.

It needs to say that you are prepared to put the care of the children before your personal relationship if there is a safeguarding or other concern.

In other words, you would bubble on each other if you were worried about how the other was treating a child.

It's referring back to things like the Vanessa George case when the other staff were scared to tell anyone what she was doing.

There is a whistle blowing hotline number for Ofsted which you can include in your policy -

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/About-us/Contact-us/Safeguarding-children-Ofsted-s-whistleblower-hotline

Hth :D

claire'scherubs
17-11-2010, 09:20 PM
Thanks Sarah to the rescue again xxx