PDA

View Full Version : O/T - not happy with state of buggy

marnieb
17-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Hi all,

I bought a second hand buggy off eBay at the weekend. It was listed as being used for a year, the foam on the handle has started to come off and they stated on the listing they had taped it up, but that this was the only damage to the buggy.

I collected it late on Monday, and yesterday dd wouldn't sleep, so only today as all littilies slept did I manage to get it out the car and have a look at it.

It's covered in suncream marks!!! You know the ones I mean the white trails the stuff leaves when you get it on clothes etc!! and I don't just mean 1 or 2, you can make out leg lines on the front!!!

Now, am I just being picky in thinking they should have mentioned this?? I've scrubbed it with cleaning spray and they won't come off the shiny black fabric....

So would you complain to the people you bought it from??

Or failing that, does anyone know how to get suncream off a buggy..... :huh:

donnamarie2
17-11-2010, 02:04 PM
Hi, If your not happy with it i would contact them and ask for a refund .
If they wont take it back file a dispute on the grounds that they haven't described it properly and you will be refunded that way.
I recently got a travel cot that was just disgusting from ebay , the seller wouldn't refund so i had to do this.
Good luck

rickysmiths
17-11-2010, 02:10 PM
I would have thought you are in a tough place because you should have looked at it fully when you collected it.

marnieb
17-11-2010, 02:15 PM
I would have thought you are in a tough place because you should have looked at it fully when you collected it.

thing is - I couldn't it was dark already and it was in a room with v bad lighting, then she showed me how to collapse it so I put it in the car folded up.

I just think some people aren't honest at all on eBay, personally I sell loads on there and am totally honest about their condition. Or I suppose they were just used to the marks and didn't see them as a defect.

georgie456
17-11-2010, 02:37 PM
I would contact them.
You have 45 days from when you have paid for an item to make a complaint through Ebay.
They do advise you to contact the seller first and then if their response is not satifactory then you can pursue it through ebay.
I would - they clearly didn't list it correctly and it shouldn't matter that you didn't check it immediately. Good luck x

Noomie
17-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Did you use paypal? If so, you can still get money back. Paypal will take it out of their account until dispute is resolved. Usually goes in favour of a buyer.

Also, have you left feedback yet? Feedback on ebay is a powerful tool. So if not, tell them you want a refund / discount due to state or you will leave bad feedback.

kindredspirits
18-11-2010, 09:33 AM
legally it wasn't as described so you can get your money back - technically if you didn't pay via paypal that can be a real nightmare because if they refuse you'd have to go via the small claims court - and doing so would cost you probably more than you paid for the pushchair.