PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Decoration

linzi133
17-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Hi everyone
I need a recipe for making some sort of dough decorations. You know the type that you can bake off an then paint.....without risk of going mouldy!!!!
I can't seem to find the one I used to use in schools!

Also if anyone has any other Christmas Dec making ideas I would love to have them. I only have 1 4 year old, My own little boy is 20months and 2 boys who are 1 year.

Thanks for your help in advance!!
Lindsey

sarah707
17-11-2010, 05:57 PM
There are lots of recipes if you put 'salt dough' into Google.

I'm afraid I don't have a foolproof one - I always seem to muck it up :rolleyes: :D

Dragonfly
17-11-2010, 08:29 PM
I put a salt dough recipe on here the other day put salt dough in search, it does work if you bake really low heat for long time.

babs
17-11-2010, 08:51 PM
last year i made bells out of milk or cream cartons you know the ones you get in cafes the little ones i put double sided tape round them, put pipe cleaner though the top and stuck a little bell on end. then give mindees glitter they just had to sprinkle over the top of them looked great. we then found a Small twig out side i spray painted over weekend and got the little ones to hang their decs on ..

linzi133
18-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Thanks for that....I was hoping for something other than salt dough (I hate it!!! or rather I hate the feeling on my fingers) But will just use that if I can't find anything else.
I love the bells idea though....that sounds lovely.
I guess I'll have to go out for coffee a few times in the next week....oh what a shame!:clapping:

cazaban
21-11-2010, 07:28 PM
Hi everyone
I need a recipe for making some sort of dough decorations. You know the type that you can bake off an then paint.....without risk of going mouldy!!!!
I can't seem to find the one I used to use in schools!

Also if anyone has any other Christmas Dec making ideas I would love to have them. I only have 1 4 year old, My own little boy is 20months and 2 boys who are 1 year.

Thanks for your help in advance!!
Lindsey

HI I used air hardening clay , i bought a tub form early learning , we rolled it out and used a xmas tree cutter ,using a straw we put a hole through the clay. within a couple of days they were dry , the kids enjoyed painting & decorating them , we used sparkly string to thread through the hole to hang on their xmas tress

Happy Bunny
22-11-2010, 08:16 PM
Last year i bought some plain baubles from the charity shop, the children then used glitter and sequins to create their own designs

Twinkles
22-11-2010, 08:18 PM
ooo good plan , going to copy that one :thumbsup:

OrlandoBelle
24-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Just found this which may be able to help you with salt dough. There's also some great resourses on here. I love the site so much! My printer's running overtime at the moment!!

http://***********************/toolbar/no/thumbs15/sb2154.html

OrlandoBelle
24-11-2010, 01:26 PM
oops that obviously didn't work. Maybe it's been blocked by the forum. Try searching Sparkle Box. It's under salt dough recipe sheets.:)

TammyN
24-11-2010, 02:28 PM
Sparkle box as far as im aware hes been banned , i know it was at nursery!!
try i child or ****** they are fab for idea's.

ive just found a decoration idea in usbourne books which uses bread? has anyone tried this before i attempt it, i like the idea of not having to bake after last weeks pudsey biscuits, they took forever.

OrlandoBelle
24-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Sparkle box as far as im aware hes been banned , i know it was at nursery!!
try i child or ****** they are fab for idea's.

ive just found a decoration idea in usbourne books which uses bread? has anyone tried this before i attempt it, i like the idea of not having to bake after last weeks pudsey biscuits, they took forever.

Oh has it? That's a shame. I wonder why. :(
Will take a look at the other 2 you suggested :)