PDA

View Full Version : Existing injury forms

snufflepuff
17-11-2010, 09:37 AM
This may sound a bit silly....but do you write an existing injury form if a parent has informed you of an accident at home but there is no actual injury?

Mindee fell down the stairs this morning. There is not a mark on her and she seems perectly fine. Would you still write a form? And just write that there is no actual injury but you are keeping a close eye on her for the day?

crazyXstitcher
17-11-2010, 09:49 AM
I was just about to post a similar question. My mindee fell down the stairs at home too.

Also are we supposed to fill out a form for every tiny mark/bruise. Mindee has just started walking and inevitably will get a few assosiated bruises.

AliceK
17-11-2010, 11:21 AM
I had the same thing a couple of months ago. I wrote it out on a "conversation with parents / carers" sheet and popped it in the file. Not sure if this was correct though :blush:

xxxxxx

sarah707
17-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Yes you must record accidents children have had at home - for 2 reasons.

1 so that if a child has symptoms linked to eg a head bump you know it's happened and 2 because it stops parents blaming you for a bruise or bump mark later. Sadly it happens :(

You must also record all accidents that happen in your house as well. I write out an accident form if a child has an accident where there are marks... I make a note in the child's diary if a child has an accident and there are no marks. I always always always record head bumps, whether there's a mark or not.

Hth :D