PDA

View Full Version : Is this really bad?!

snufflepuff
17-11-2010, 09:35 AM
I have been looking for craft deas for Christmas. My son and mindees are only one year old so theres only so much they can do. I have found so many fab crafts, many of which they won't be able to do this year......but i'm so tempted to do some of them myself! How sad is that?! It's not even like I have time for things like this but I really want to, lol!
Oh dear......

Chimps Childminding
17-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Both June and I love colouring - we bought lovely pencils that we don't let the children use and our own colouring books :laughing:

I have to admit that I find it really hard not to intervene when the lo's are doing their craft activities and it isn't looking as I think it should - have to keep my hands firmly behind my back :blush:

Saranotts
17-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Both June and I love colouring - we bought lovely pencils that we don't let the children use and our own colouring books :laughing:

Phew, thought I was the only one :blush:

Go on have some fun and just tell everyone its in the name of research for any new mindees you get:thumbsup:

Sara
xxx

Noomie
17-11-2010, 11:26 AM
I'm the same!

A good Christmas card idea for LO's is to do painted footprint for a reindeer head, two hand prints for the antlers. Add a nose and eyes (prob made by you and stuck on by them) and add some glitter.

Or you can do a handprint Christmas tree with tinsel and cut out circles as baubles stuck on.

loocyloo
17-11-2010, 08:12 PM
i have felt pens that no one else is allowed to use! :blush:

and i love making big snowflakes each december!

karen m
17-11-2010, 08:40 PM
I really cannot help but intefere when we do arts and craft ,just that i love them to take home things that are well done,oh tells everyone that i have to have things just right:blush:

mrs_scottydog
17-11-2010, 09:50 PM
There's no harm in doing the crafts to see how they would get on with them when the time comes!!
I made spiders out of yoghurt pots and straws a few weeks ago with my DS and mindee (both around 2 yrs). I had great fun making them as they couldn't quite get the straws through the holes. Hx

babs
17-11-2010, 09:59 PM
i always do a sample one so they know what they should look like:D :D and i too have my own pens and colouring book, hubby draws a lot with the lo's as he draws their favorite characters looks at the pic on tops shoes etc and draws...

PixiePetal
17-11-2010, 11:17 PM
I have my own pens too :thumbsup: don't you just love nice smooth colouring book pages?! :o

I find it hard to keep my hands off the kids creations so sometimes make a 'sample' one :thumbsup:

jacey
17-11-2010, 11:29 PM
I also have MY pencils and paper, kept away from prying hands - why should the children have all the fun? :)

loocyloo
18-11-2010, 09:37 AM
[QUOTE=PixiePetal;818101]I have my own pens too :thumbsup: don't you just love nice smooth colouring book pages?! :o
QUOTE]

i love the smooth white pages with thick black outlines! and the ones with not so thick outlines! i loathe those colouring books with that scratchy not-white paper!
i'm quite taken with pattern books at the moment too! :laughing: but they're MINE ALL MINE! :D