PDA

View Full Version : OH DEAR!!!

Nappy Tastic
16-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Right ive had a week from hell and the only people that can now put this into perspective is you lot cause im so done thinking i cannot think straight anymore.

I took on a 7 year old child 7 weeks ago, I agreed the parent who is a single parent could pay the 4 weeks in advance as soon as tax credits were sorted BIG MISTAKE I KNOW (i say 4 weeks in advance as thats my written notice period to cancel or change contract)

I have 2 staffs one girl and one boy, one 7 months old and the other 18 months, these animals have a cage, I have a soft mesh muzzle and Ive done a risk assesment. the dogs are "FINE" to be around children and in fact one previous child was so petrified of dogs her breathing would physically change, she after 2 months settled amazingly well and was able to be very close and interact with the dogs, I also have a child with special needs who benefits greatly from the dogs.

Ive had over 22 children through my doors and NEVER EVER has anyone raised any concerns over the puppies. UNTIL NOW.......... this child has been in my house every morning and after school also.. 3 full days in the half term holidays also. Ive constantly sent remonders for fees payment who always assured me he will drop it off later ! never does of course.....

This parent pulls up in the morning, kid gets out and he comes to the door, at night dad pulls up rings my door bell and kid goes out to vehicle.

On Friday NIGHT AT USUSAL COLLECTION TIME !!!!! he says "can I have a quick word" i say yes come in come in, he tells child "to get in vehicle a second, just jump into the front passenger seat" (like where else is he gonna seat the drivers seat!!)

Then he states he doesnt trust my dogs, apparently my dog jumped up at his child YESTERDAY at ripped his £40 brand new top he got for his EIGHTH birthday 2 weeks previously, he states he does not feel safe leaving his child with me and that hes gonna get a new childmonder cause he dont feel sdafe leaving his kid with me here with my dogs!, I explained the dogs are 88% of the time in the kitchen although not because i didnt trust them but because when the children are playing the dogs get in the way!

So anyhows he continues with the "i dont trust your dogs i dont feel safe leaving my son here" la la la, so I said to that your choice but you do have a contract which states you are required to give me 4 weeks written notice, he said "im not payinbg you for 4 weeks as I dont trust your dogs and I have concerns about your dogs" I told him there are no issues with my dogs and the fact my dogs were in the cage yesterday I know for a fact it didnt happen here (it was a non school uniform day that day)

he then carried on with "well ive been speaking to other people who also have concerns about your dogs" oh really who is that then? "my mum has concerns too" your mother who has been here 3 times stood in the hall and never once interacted with my dogs. i told him thats irrelivant as the contract states 4 weeks written notice, he left with saying i shall have to have a look into that then and "ill be speaking to them childcare people" presumably meaning Ofsted !!
He owes money PLUS his 4 weeks notice - just to mention his mother the childs grandmother used to be a CHILDMINDER !!! I was graded outstanding for every criteria in April of this year and I think i should fill in my own complaints form for my records or even send it to Ofsted, but my CM friend says that cause hes 8 I dont need to let ofsted know a parent made a complaint in person!

also he signed my policies which stated under complaints, i would investigate all complaints made, either by telephone, email, or by person,. if in person I would make a suitable time to meet up to discuss this, he stood in my hallway infront of other minded kids (including the one who last year had the fear) and had it out with me, i told him I wasnt going to rgue about it but there was no possible way that it happened here, he came home from school went stright to the play room, didnt come fown for a snack, only for his tea of which the dogs go in the cage at tea time (so they dont beg or get fed by the smaller ones) whilst finishing his mouthful his dad arrived to collect him

So what now, i would rather tell them and get it sorted before he goes there first and makes it look bad

any advise would be fab thankyou. my biggest argument is why when Thursday NIGHT when he spotted the rip did he not call me, or even SPEAK to me about it FRIDAY morning, LEFT HIS SON at my door FRIDAY morning DID NOT CALL all day whilst his son was at school and ONLY spoke to raise his concerns at his USUAL collection time!

BECAUSE THATS NO COINCIDENTAL AT ALL IS IT, ¬!!!:mad:

claire'scherubs
16-11-2010, 07:19 PM
Its sounds like a get out clause to me, doesn't want to pay you.

However, I would report the complaint to Ofsted before he does, record it in your complaint file and see if you can arrange to met him again to discuss it further.

Sending hugs and I hope that helps

Trouble
16-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Its sounds like a get out clause to me, doesn't want to pay you.

However, I would report the complaint to Ofsted before he does, record it in your complaint file and see if you can arrange to met him again to discuss it further.

Sending hugs and I hope that helps

i agree xxxx

funemnx
16-11-2010, 07:24 PM
I agree - he doesn't want to pay :angry:

Nappy Tastic
16-11-2010, 07:31 PM
i REALLY DONT WANT TO DISCUSS IT FURTHER IT MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL! hes not considered the continuity of care of my existing children and makes things very awkward as another child here is in the SAME CLASS at the SAME SCHOOL ! luckily ive not seen him but I am condiering contacting the ncma as i have my insurance with them, used thier contracts and am on the understaning they will sue him for me ? dont know how true this is?

yes thats what i thought he didnt say my dogs attacked his son and ripped a whole merely jumped up and ripped a hole ! but that day my daughter under 3 conked the dog on the head with a ceramic cereal bowl from the dishwasher and it cracked in half he was less than impressed and slumped off to his bed (the cage) so i told the minded kids hes had a bump to head and is sleeping quietly so for today were going to leave him alone as he probably has a headache. so thats how i know HE WAS IN HIS CAGE! i even took photos of my dogs head and did a risk assessment that day just in case it went the other way that day and he snapped. (not that i think he woudl EVER do that) but I still say never say never ! I will never trust ANY breed of DOG fully so have I done the right thing ? !

the complaints form I have I dont know where i got it from but its states at bottom updated 10.09.09 to take reflect the new childcare register requirements ??? !!!

sarah707
16-11-2010, 07:34 PM
I think you need to start putting things in writing.

However the dispute is contractual at the end of the day - he doesn't want to pay you and he's had lots of free childcare before he made this decision.

I don't imagine Ofsted will be worried once they see you are outstanding and even if they do come and visit you have nothing to worry about.

Note somewhere in your paperwork that the child's shirt could not have been damaged during his time with you as well.

I think you've been used and I would be very cross if I were you. However if you are owed over £100 (with Morton Michel) or £150 (with NCMA) you should have some legal redress.

Good luck with it all xx

Nappy Tastic
16-11-2010, 07:39 PM
thanks Sarah (note in paperwork?!* he OVER 8)

Also HE DIDNT DO IT HERE Im positive hunni god it makes me so upset just thinking about it.

Its not possible cause he came through my front door, straight upstairs to the playroom 9which is covered by CCTV linked to the downstairs) I made snacks he didnt want one and stayed upstairs to play on the playstation, i called dinner at 5pm it was hotdogs he came down sat at breakfast bar, dogs in cage AS ALWAYS (but hed been in there all day cause he was just sleepy - didnt even get out of cage for a walk when he heard his lead rattle) he was eating doorbell went, opened door dad already in van AS USUAL ! waved kid off, Friday am came kid on my doorstep no dad ! no phone calls ALL DAY. then at USUAL collection time made his announcement!

Nappy Tastic
16-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Sarah where do I stand with Ofsted as hes an OVER 8? the complaints form states which part of the childcare register it relates to Childcare Register (both parts) god im confused i cant think straight ! - HELP !

Im on both the registers? compulsary and the voluntary

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/oxcare_providers/full/(urn)/EY385077