PDA

View Full Version : That's it... I'm done in.

JCrakers
16-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Hello all,

Just an update on my last post about crying baby.....I,ll have to keep it short as I'm on my iPod so can't type very fast... Lol
I Give in.....

She's been coming since mid sept and cries all day mainly due to wanting to be picked up and held all day. She's had two weeks off, one for holiday and another I'll. Now we are back to square one
I'm at my wits end especially as we couldn't stay at toddler group this morning.
So I give in... I feel a failure really as I've never been unable to settle a baby

Becky x

pinky33
16-11-2010, 03:32 PM
All I can do is send a hug, my house is a house from hell today with a little one just like yours.

Adiamond
16-11-2010, 03:56 PM
All I can do is send a hug, my house is a house from hell today with a little one just like yours.

Same here, my little mindee has cried and cried all day for no apparent reason very unlike him :(

Sending hugs x x x

phoebe-alice
16-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Big hugs, I know the feeling. I only lasted a week with the wee girl I had as she didn't speak english so I didn't have a clue what she wanted I could try everything and she would still cry and cry, I felt so bad that we didn't even last the settling in period I just felt awful that I couldn't understand anything she wanted. It was way to stressful for her and the other little ones in my care.
I know you feel bad but in the end you need to do whats best for you and the little one. We childminders need to keep hold of the little sanity we have left. :rolleyes:
Really hope everything clears up soon though, hang on in there and keep us posted. And make sure you put your feet up tonight!

curlycathy
16-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Aw hun I'm sorry its not getting any better - must be psychic cos I was wondering how you were getting on today!!!

It can take a while for them to settle. My screamer took months and months - lots of 3 steps back 2 steps forward sort of thing, and worse when he had time away. I do know where you are coming from!

All I can say is that if you saw my little one now you would never believe how bad it was! He barely gives his mum a backward glance (was a little worried about today cos he was off ill last week) and is so happy and settled now.

Only you can say whether you want to carry on or not and you have to do whats best for you.

I'm sending you lots and lots of love and hugs sweetie xxxx

Take care xxxx

miffy
16-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Didn't want to read and run - you're not a failure, no way. It takes some children a lot longer to settle than others so don't be too hard on yourself.

Miffy xx

JCrakers
17-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Thanks everyone...:)

Definitly better for everyone if I let go. Before she had two weeks off we could go to toddler group no problems but on Tuesday she screamed so much in the church where toddler group is, I couldnt stay. Mums were looking at me and obviously saying stuff....Or at least it felt like that :panic:
It wasnt nice for the other two little ones I had, they wanted to stay and play :(

Theres no other reason for the screaming other than she wants to be held constantly and after 8 weeks I'm not prepared to do it. The screaming would last hours with nothing to stop her except for holding her on my hip...Its not fair on me or her to be holding her all day...She also screams when other children come and go out of doors which is really hard and wouldnt eat if people moved :eek: They would have to sit still in order for her to eat a meal...That is impossible...:laughing:

Recently Ive been thinking of giving up childminding but I think thats just because Ive been pushed to the edge. I feel when she goes I'll be able to get back to normal again with the other children who are fantastic.:D

Thanks for replies...just needed to write stuff down.
Becky x

Ausmaz
17-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Hi Becx,
I know exactly how you feel, I had a little one in my care that screamed for no reason, it went on all day even if I was holding her. She wouldn't eat or drink her bottle, needless to say after 2 weeks of care I suggested to mum that she take her out of care and try again in a few months time. I also suggested that she take her to a local playgroup to get her used to being around other children.The peace that reigned in my home the next week was deafening.
So don't beat yourself up for ceasing care of this child, the well-being of yourself and the other children in your care is formost.