PDA

View Full Version : Christmas

LisaMcNally09
16-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Hi everyone!!

When are you all starting your christmas crafts?? Im dying to do some........its my favvourite time of year for crafting with the kids. They seem much more willing to concentrate longer when its christmas:D

I also cant wait to put my decorations up. Ive got a week off starting on 6th December so gonna do them all then!!!

Oooooo im getting excited:so happy:

miss mopple
16-11-2010, 02:20 PM
I'm starting crafts next week as one of my littlies finishes for Christmas on the 4th Dec so only have a couple of weeks to get it done :eek:

Mookins
16-11-2010, 04:57 PM
said to my hubby little while ago its time i sorted out my crafts for xmas:
got mylist of ideas but need a few more for my 1yr old mindee

xx

miffy
16-11-2010, 05:44 PM
I'm starting w/c 29 November and hoping 4 weeks is long enough to get everything done!

Miffy xx

sarah707
16-11-2010, 07:48 PM
I'm starting the end of the month as well, otherwise we'll never get anything finished as all mine are part time and things take time to dry.

We have just planned some crafts at the children's centre and card making so that will ease the pressure a bit.

Can't wait! :D

Tinks
16-11-2010, 07:51 PM
I'm also staring mind at the end of the month! Loads to get done and I too can't wait!

Nappy Tastic
16-11-2010, 07:53 PM
canm you post your activity ideas all somewhere for me to pinch later lol xxxx

louise
16-11-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm starting this week! Well they will be decorating the frames they are giving as presents. Next week they will do poem or drawing for it. As I only have 1 during the school day I try and do crafts with everyone at once makes it easier. Also my kids are term time only and we only have 2 days which are the best to do them so I thought it would be best to start.

clio0602
16-11-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm starting nxt week!!! Too much to do and only 39 sleeps to go!!!!!!

Roll on the glitter :clapping:

Ali56
16-11-2010, 08:45 PM
I'm already planning!! We are starting next week too:clapping: :clapping:
I run the local toddler group and they are getting their first christmas craft on monday!! :D :D
I love christmas-bring on the glitter!!!:laughing: :laughing:

em29
16-11-2010, 08:46 PM
We have started some salt dough decs but I was wondering what everyone is making, especially with the 2's and under?? :blush:

Chatterbox Childcare
16-11-2010, 09:06 PM
I started by painting our advent calendars last week but that it is for another 2 weeks now

Still deciding on what to make the parents!

The Juggler
16-11-2010, 10:31 PM
not allowed in my house until 1st December at the earliest:D

PixiePetal
16-11-2010, 10:36 PM
My mindees are all very part time and under 4 and I wanted to leave it for a bit but will run out of days :laughing:

Also Ofsted due tomorrow or Thurs so as we are in waiting, we might as well start. Doing paper plate wreaths with tissue paper greenery and red pom poms :thumbsup:

janminder
17-11-2010, 08:34 AM
Not until beginning December, also mine are all before and after school and the school breaks up on the 17th so i will have a whole week before with some so xmas crafts could keep them occupied for a while.

Can't believe its so close :eek:

VINASOL
17-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Hmm, I've already started doing Christmas decorations :blush:

Am such a big kid at haert and love doing craft stuff with kids...mindees are only p/t so we do a couple of things a week.

I think Nursery are looking for some donations too - so that'd be right up my street. Have done a snowman and some paper chains and am gonig to do a santa on Friday too!

Love Christmas:jump for joy:

Ali56
17-11-2010, 11:58 PM
I'm already planning!! We are starting next week too:clapping: :clapping:
I run the local toddler group and they are getting their first christmas craft on monday!! :D :D
I love christmas-bring on the glitter!!!:laughing:

We started making pom poms today-the children wanted to when they saw the wool etc! They'll be turned into santa's to hang on the tree:D

The funniest thing tho is that it was a 7yo boy who was determined to finish, even when the girls went off to play babies saying they'd finish theirs tomorrow, and tomorrow he's making a pom pom snow man and next tues a christmas tree one..... bless him!:laughing: :laughing:

ZoeAlli
18-11-2010, 12:18 AM
We're starting ours this week! Making an advent countdown and christmas cards as one of mindees has relatives abroad. Taking a break from Christmas next week for Road Safety, then full on into Christmas crafts :clapping:
Soo looking forward to it as I love Christmas time.:)

VINASOL
23-11-2010, 10:16 PM
We're starting ours this week! Making an advent countdown and christmas cards as one of mindees has relatives abroad. Taking a break from Christmas next week for Road Safety, then full on into Christmas crafts :clapping:
Soo looking forward to it as I love Christmas time.:)

How do you make your advent countdown? I'd love to do that!

xx

babs
23-11-2010, 10:31 PM
starting ours next week although kids have already started using xmas colouring books they were on table and lo asked i just couldnt say no so i coloured piccy of santa and a sack full of prezzies :D :D

keeks
23-11-2010, 11:08 PM
At my nursery I bought lovely coloured plastic mini plant pots for parents presents this year. The children decorate them with all sorts of sparkly, shiny, colourful bits stuck on with glue. Then we put a bulb in them, wrap them nicely in cellophane and tie a pretty ribbon around. They look amazing (yes, we have already started!).

Happy Christmas Crafts everyone!

xx

glitzygal
23-11-2010, 11:16 PM
I had 2 LO, today, so got on and got 3 done, to dry, painting,etc,

they will finish the bits next time there are here, i do it as i see them as i dont have them all together much with all the shifts going on.

loads of glitter, sticky, painted, ect
well pleased how they are turning out,:clapping:

emmadines
24-11-2010, 12:28 AM
started ours last week, they have made clay bowls and they painted them yesterday - next week glitter globes the week after bolbles (painting them)

Demeter79
24-11-2010, 09:14 PM
Greetings from down under!

I am planning to start my christmas craft, songs, stories in December...Call me a grinch, but I refuse to start celebrating Christmas any sooner!

Would love some new craft ideas...I will try to post some of my activities as well.

Demeter79
(Melanie)