PDA

View Full Version : Tonsilitus

madredann
16-11-2010, 12:13 PM
Hi
one of my mindees was away on monday and mom rang last night to say it was tonsilitus she thought it was a bug as she had been sick and is on antibiotics 1st dose last night before she went to bed so guess it was bacterial, she is feeling much better today(mum said) temperature has come down etc when would you let them back, I am thinking Thursday to give the antibiotics chance to work and get her feeling much better-anyone any experience on this
thanks
Julie

rickysmiths
16-11-2010, 12:38 PM
I usually say 48 hours on the antibiotics before I will have them back.

So Wednesday, as long as the child is much better and able to take part in all the daily routine while with me including school runs.

I then have the medication book filled in and give the lo their medicine while they are with me.

It is quite common for children in this situation, once the antibiotics have kicked in to fell better very quickly.

sarah707
16-11-2010, 07:15 PM
I usually ask for 48 hours as well but I know some parents cannot do that, so I will go with 24 if I know the child well.

Dd had tonsillitis every 6 weeks through the winter until she was 5 when she had them out. If someone had told me 24 hours every time I'd never have been in work... so I do try and be flexible if the child is ok to join in with the normal daily routine.

Hth :D

Hebs
16-11-2010, 07:23 PM
I usually ask for 48 hours as well but I know some parents cannot do that, so I will go with 24 if I know the child well.

Dd had tonsillitis every 6 weeks through the winter until she was 5 when she had them out. If someone had told me 24 hours every time I'd never have been in work... so I do try and be flexible if the child is ok to join in with the normal daily routine.

Hth :D

same, my son was plagued by them too until he had them removed at the age of 4 x