PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Childminders

Helen Dempster
16-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Good morning lovely people - c-c-c-cold isn't it?!

I was just wondering if any of you work with emergency childminders and how to go about finding one? I don't go to any childminding groups/belong to a network etc and the only 2 childminders I know of have since given up and gone into different careers.

I've got to take the afternoon off on Friday next week, and one of the parents has asked if I know anyone else as she's run out of leave. It's only for one day and just for a couple of hours.

When you use emergency childminders, how do they get paid/do they get paid?

Thanks everyone :thumbsup:

mrs_scottydog
16-11-2010, 01:52 PM
I was lucky when I started my DHC unit 1 there was another person who lives in my village. She is my emergency childminder and I am hers. I'm not sure how you would go about finding one, maybe you could try asking your development worker from NCMA or look on the directgov website for childminders near you.
I've not had to use my emergency childminder yet, but would probably charge the parents as usual and then pay the other childminder myself, iyswim.

I'm sure that someone else may be able to give you more guidance though. Hx

aly
16-11-2010, 04:37 PM
she could use *******************************
they are registered childminders on there not necessarily ones youknow but it might be a start

x

Lady Haha
16-11-2010, 05:21 PM
I put an ad in the childcare section of netmums saying I needed a back up childminder, must be ofsted reg etc and explaining it would be for odd days I'm ill or on holiday and parents may need them. I had two get in touch and one is now my permanent back up carer and I am hers.

The parents pay the back up carers normal rate as opposed to what they normally pay you unless the carer agrees to accept your normal fee (mine did even though it's lower than her charges!)

I have given all my parents details of the back up minder inc her phone number and it's up to them to arrange with her if they need her.

miffy
16-11-2010, 05:42 PM
You could ask your development worker if they could put you in touch with some cm's in your area or check fis website and phone those nearest you to see if they can help

Miffy xx

aly
16-11-2010, 05:43 PM
she could use *******************************
they are registered childminders on there not necessarily ones youknow but it might be a start

x

OOPS WHY HAS MY POST GOT THEMM STARS?

miffy
16-11-2010, 05:47 PM
OOPS WHY HAS MY POST GOT THEMM STARS?

You must have mentioned a site that is blocked.

Miffy xx