PDA

View Full Version : Visitors Log Book

donnahay0
12-04-2008, 08:33 AM
How many of you already have a visitors log book in place and do you actually remember to get it signed?

Do you think friends that have already been CRB checked need to complete it? - I have one but keep forgetting to ask for it to be signed. Also if parents actually stop for a chat do they need to sign it? I think my parents will get really fed up with me if they have to sign in and out. They stop for a chat every evening for 5 mins or so to catch up on their child's day - it's not like I am leaving them alone as I am talking to them.

Pauline
12-04-2008, 09:27 AM
I haven't got one and have no intention of getting one either! Enough things to remember to get people to sign as it is :D

angeldelight
12-04-2008, 09:41 AM
I do not have one and have no intention

Its one mad rush here with out doing all that

Angel xx

cuddlybunny38
12-04-2008, 10:23 AM
I have made one but not minding yet so do not know if I will use it, my minding friends dont have them so not sure if I will o it yet. Sharon

MissTinkerbell
12-04-2008, 10:27 AM
I had my development officer visit last week and he said that with all the changes in Sept it will be imp. to have a visitors book and Ofsted will be looking for one.

Lou
12-04-2008, 10:36 AM
I do have one yes, but i do forget to get people to sign it!!!!

I did get the ofsted inspector to sign it though!!!

sarahstanbridge
12-04-2008, 11:49 AM
i dont have one. i would forget to get people to sing in and out anyway!:)

breezy
12-04-2008, 03:09 PM
I don't have one, but think it will soon be compulsory knowing ofsted!!
my house is the size of a shoe box so i always know who's where when incase of fire!:)

sarah707
12-04-2008, 03:31 PM
I will be something we will have to have with eyfs...! We will have to show how we comply with the following welfare standards... :D

• The use of a system to verify the identity of any visitors, record their names, the purpose of the visit, and details of arrival and departure times;
• Arrival and departure procedures for staff, children, parents and visitors.

ruby
12-04-2008, 04:24 PM
i do have one but fill it in myself
date, name reason for visit arrival time . departure time

As the cssiw inspections are unannounced.my family were visiting when they came to do mine. They left when she arrived
it was one of the things she asked to see. so glad that i had done one.

cathy

ChocolateChip
12-04-2008, 05:48 PM
I have one, and I use it for anyone who stays longer than 10mins ( I was told this was what we had to do ,not sure who by) e.g, my niece usually has cuppa after picking her lo up so I log her in as I have other children there. But one mum stayed yesterday for a chat, as it was only her lo there I didn't bother, as technically I was no longer minding.
I usually remeber to get it signed, but the few visitors I have are people I see regularly anyway.

Didn't realise it was gonna get even more complicated, should be used to that ! :)

miffy
12-04-2008, 07:15 PM
I have a simple A4 sheet with visitors name reason for visit time in and out.
I fill it in.

It was the first thing I did when the inspector arrived and she mentioned it in my report - I agree I think Ofsted will expect this soon

miffy xx

button68
12-04-2008, 07:20 PM
I have one :) There are only 2 entries in it. My dad once in Jan 08, my dad once in April 08 - I make it clear to family and friends when I'm working ...... I'm working!!!!, iyswim ;)

allinatiz
12-04-2008, 07:33 PM
I don't have one at the minute but I think I'm going to get a cheap notebook and make my own this week.

Just wondering though, I have a friend who's on maternity leave who pops round for a cuppa maybe every 2 or 3 weeks with her new baby. What reason would I give? Social visit? She does try and come when the little one I look after is having her nap so she's not actually taking time away from her (although she is taking my time on here away from me!! :D) Does social visit make me sound like I'm minding so I can sit and drink tea with my friends all day?! :p

miffy
12-04-2008, 07:34 PM
I don't have one at the minute but I think I'm going to get a cheap notebook and make my own this week.

Just wondering though, I have a friend who's on maternity leave who pops round for a cuppa maybe every 2 or 3 weeks with her new baby. What reason would I give? Social visit? She does try and come when the little one I look after is having her nap so she's not actually taking time away from her (although she is taking my time on here away from me!! :D) Does social visit make me sound like I'm minding so I can sit and drink tea with my friends all day?! :p

No I don't think so - I put social as the reason when other childminders bring their mindees round.

miffy xx

allinatiz
12-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Wow, quick reply! Thanks Miffy.

miffy
12-04-2008, 07:39 PM
You're very welcome

miffy xx

hello kitty
12-04-2008, 09:29 PM
I've just got one sorted out and I get visitors to sign in but keep forgetting to get them to sign out!!!:blush:

Twinkles
12-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Don't think I'll get one untill we really have to.

angeldelight
12-04-2008, 10:56 PM
I feel the same twinkles

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
13-04-2008, 12:43 AM
I just don't have visitors !!!! Won;t allow them in not no way!:D

Ok I have a vistors book but no friends!!!:D

Ok I have visitors book but no visitors (well according to the book) I forget to get people to do it.
the only thing that is in there is a list of regular visitors like my neighbour and development officer!

miffy
13-04-2008, 07:16 AM
I just don't have visitors !!!! Won;t allow them in not no way!:D

Ok I have a vistors book but no friends!!!:D

Ok I have visitors book but no visitors (well according to the book) I forget to get people to do it.
the only thing that is in there is a list of regular visitors like my neighbour and development officer!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well I suppose you're half way there!

Miffy xx

Tatia
13-04-2008, 09:09 AM
I was just teasing my husband and told him he has to sign in the visitor's book when he's working from home on Fridays and his very heated response is "I'm not signing any bl***y form for being in my own home!" Now I have to mollify him because he didn't think my joke was very funny.:D He's already expressed concern that it's starting to feel like a nursery here.

Anyway, I'm guessing it'd be alright to sign people in and out if we forget to have them do it.

2045amanda
16-04-2008, 10:04 AM
I have one, just date, name, time in and time out. Ofsted inspector signed in but didn't sign out!!

She must still be hiding here somewhere spying on me!!

Amanda

miss muffit
16-04-2008, 10:08 AM
oh no you had better find her and show her the door!
:laughing: :laughing:

buildingblocks
17-04-2008, 06:03 PM
I was just teasing my husband and told him he has to sign in the visitor's book when he's working from home on Fridays and his very heated response is "I'm not signing any bl***y form for being in my own home!" Now I have to mollify him because he didn't think my joke was very funny.:D He's already expressed concern that it's starting to feel like a nursery here.

I read somewhere recently that someone had been told that people living in the house had to sign in and out b:censored: r to that. Gary would think Ihad finally lost the plot lol

I do havea signing in and out sheet one for each week. Parent sign in their children if they come in and go further than my hallway then they sign in if htey are planning on sitting and chatting. Any visitors sign in and their is a column for the reason for visit e.g. childminders mum, parent Ofsted inspector, oven cleaning man.

But I am afraid I am not signing myself or hubby into our own home. If I had an assistant they would as did students when they were here.

If someone deosn't sign in/out then I put int he time and their names (not as bad now as when I first started it but occasionally parents are in a rush and forget) just proves I am human after all

cloud9
17-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Nightmare another bit of paperwork to sort out!!

charleyfarley
17-04-2008, 06:21 PM
I have made the effort and brought one so that's a start :laughing:

I just need to get people to fill it in now

Carol xx

donnahay0
17-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Did someone mentions oven cleaning...

casey's mum
18-04-2008, 11:03 AM
I registered in 2006 and I had to have one. When I have my first inspection then last year my inspector wanted to know why nobody had signed it. I said that if I need outsiders to come in i.e ...plumber etc I have them in to do work on the weekends. My inspector then asked me if my parents ever pop in during the minded day, when I said yes sometimes she wanted to know why my mother hadn't signed it!!! Sorry but I told her that I would not be getting my mother to sign a visitors book so she could come to my house! What a joke!!!!

Angela xx

sarah707
18-04-2008, 11:11 AM
Did someone mentions oven cleaning...

I had this guy come round and do my oven a while ago - very impressed!

http://www.cheshireovencleaning.co.uk/

donnahay0
18-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Think I might have a man in to clean my oven - mustn't forget to get him to sign my log book now must I.

deeb66
18-04-2008, 04:39 PM
I have a visitors log that I just printed up myself on the computer.

i even made sure that the inspector signed in and out when she came to see me a couple of months ago.

It only has to be very simple and if you have a standard form on your computer it doesn't take long to print off.

Only takes a couple of seconds to fill it in.

I have no intention of getting my family to sign in and at.....I am not a nursery....this is our home.

I do not have any assistants etc so won't have to do that.

AND...I am certainly not getting the parents to sign in and out when they come to collect!

Fandangles
18-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Are we allowed to make it up? I fancy a visit by Jake Gyllenhaal, Colin Firth and that bloke from Entourage....:D Wouldn't want anyone to think I am Norma Nomates!:eek: