PDA

View Full Version : Diploma for children and young peoples workforce Level 3

doodles
15-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Hi, Is anyone doing the above qualification? The new nvq.
I started it 3 weeks ago and im struggling. Ive just ordered the Penny Tassoni book so that should help but just wondered if anyone is doing it too? Kelly xx

sarah707
15-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Is there a question you need help with? xx

doodles
16-11-2010, 07:56 AM
Thanks for your pm Sarah, that site is really good! x

mrs.h
16-11-2010, 01:44 PM
hi,

i want to start it but feel overwhelmed by the work and haven't send my paperwork off yet. English is not my mother tongue and the way questions are worded are sometimes really tricky for me to suss out. :blush:

mrs.h

Mcgons
16-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Hi, Is anyone doing the above qualification? The new nvq.
I started it 3 weeks ago and im struggling. Ive just ordered the Penny Tassoni book so that should help but just wondered if anyone is doing it too? Kelly xx

I've just started it and have to do the 1st unit by the end of the month if I can. I did it now so I could get the funding through the council before they stop.

I bought the Penny Tassoni book last week and from the bit I read at the beginning I thought it explained the subject well and was easy to read.

I'm just stuck on how I have to complete the units - I can write essays no problem but I don't quite understand what to do with the other bits that make up the unit! Emailed my tutor so hopefully she'll get back to me and I can get on with it!

Which bit are you starting on, I'm just going from the beginning.

Good luck!

Leapsters
12-01-2011, 02:24 PM
I've received my Course work today. I think I will have to order the book too as it all looks really confusing. (I've only been registered for 6 months)

I think I might have to put it aside until i've had my inspection on the 26th Jan.... :clapping: Really can't wait to get it out of the way and then i can relax ... lol... MR O best be nice.. .hehehe

jensterfarni
07-05-2014, 07:05 PM
I am on my fourth unit on the Level 3 CYPW. I can do the essays no problem but I AM SO RUBBISH with reflective accounts. Does anyone have any advice or help? I currently doing Unit 13.

kaz26
07-05-2014, 07:43 PM
I'm being signed up 2moro I'm soon nervous really worried I'm gonna struggle as never been very academic xx

Smileyface
07-05-2014, 07:47 PM
I'm being signed up tomorrow to and Amos worried reading this....

jensterfarni
07-05-2014, 08:58 PM
Good luck. I'm really struggling at the mo :-(

cookiesncream
08-05-2014, 12:24 PM
I've been doing mine online since January and it can be quite hard going sometimes. I seem to do it in fits and starts. Sometimes I get loads done then don't do anything for ages. I have had one visit from my assessor and had no idea what I was supposed to be observed on. I just put all my files on the table and carried on with my working day while she sat in the corner. She took loads of notes and sent me back a report. The observation covered lots of bits and pieces of different parts of the course. I am about a quarter of the way through now and I keep plodding on because I know I will be pleased when I have done it all. I do struggle with the wording of some of the questions. I wish they would just write them in normal language.

The Penny Tassoni book is very helpful but be aware that some of the legislation it talks about is now out of date as I am discovering in my current unit.

rickysmiths
08-05-2014, 12:39 PM
I've been doing mine online since January and it can be quite hard going sometimes. I seem to do it in fits and starts. Sometimes I get loads done then don't do anything for ages. I have had one visit from my assessor and had no idea what I was supposed to be observed on. I just put all my files on the table and carried on with my working day while she sat in the corner. She took loads of notes and sent me back a report. The observation covered lots of bits and pieces of different parts of the course. I am about a quarter of the way through now and I keep plodding on because I know I will be pleased when I have done it all. I do struggle with the wording of some of the questions. I wish they would just write them in normal language.

The Penny Tassoni book is very helpful but be aware that some of the legislation it talks about is now out of date as I am discovering in my current unit.

Make sure you get the right book because she has updated for the 2012 EYFS.

bunyip
08-05-2014, 06:57 PM
Level3 CYPW = Death by Indoctrination. :(

Just remember that thinking isn't really a required skill for the qualification. You need to be able to churn out factoids to meet the required 'criteria'. Have a word with your assessor and s/he might help you do this as efficiently as possible. This boils down to doing assignments in the optimum sequence in order to minimise the amount of duplication, as a lot of the criteria crop up in multiple 'units' or modules of the course. You can even buy 'how to' guides on flEaBay, written by assessors to help with this.

Get your assessor to do workplace assessments asap, as you can save a lot of written work by demonstrating what you know in practice. The rest of it involves Google and copying out the coursebok in such a way that it doesn't look like it's been copied out. :thumbsup:

jensterfarni
11-05-2014, 04:24 PM
Thanks for this bunyip :-) I told my tutor I'm rubbish at reflective accounts and the reply was "well you better get good!" What doesn't help is she comes to deliver the units in my working time, so when she is explaining what to use the book for etc I've got three toddlers wrecking the house or fighting and I don't feel I can take in what she is saying because I NEED to focus in the children in my care. Why do the children turn into little devils when there is a visitor??? X

kaz26
14-05-2014, 11:26 AM
I have the penny tassoni book that someone has lent me is there a new updated version? Xx

bunyip
15-05-2014, 08:22 AM
Thanks for this bunyip :-) I told my tutor I'm rubbish at reflective accounts and the reply was "well you better get good!" What doesn't help is she comes to deliver the units in my working time, so when she is explaining what to use the book for etc I've got three toddlers wrecking the house or fighting and I don't feel I can take in what she is saying because I NEED to focus in the children in my care. Why do the children turn into little devils when there is a visitor??? X

Call your assessor's manager and mention the problems you're having over communication with her.

Most of these training centres are also regulated by Ofsted. If mine is anything to go by, they're very keen to demonstrate that they listen and respond to the feedback of users. :thumbsup: