PDA

View Full Version : What would you charge?

Fraggle1
15-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Hiya!

I've had abit of a query from a good friend to maybe look after her child before school. Now I was planning on hours being 0800-0900 and charging £3.50 without breakfast. My friend said she would be dropping her off at 0830 so literally as I walk out of the door, seeing as I'd only have to walk 10 mins to school I was thinking of charging half of this. Now I know the child would be taking up a space for a child that would use the full hour but to be honest I'm not really looking at many before and after school children, I'm more interested in the pre-school age group. Do you think I'm daft charging for the full hour - just don't want to seem like a tight git if you know what I mean ha ha ha ha

Pipsqueak
15-11-2010, 04:45 PM
I think Iwould apply a before school charge that covers the hour and includes breakfast if wanted (stipulating what time breakkie is served from and too).

I charge £7 before school from 7.30 - 9 - all of mine arrive fed and watered and never before 8.30!

Chimps Childminding
15-11-2010, 08:56 PM
I charge £5 before school, whether its an hour or ten minutes!!! Its not worth getting out of bed if thats the only child you have that day otherwise :panic:

snufflepuff
15-11-2010, 09:04 PM
I take a little boy to school. I charge £7.50 (used to be £7) for 8am-9am. It's just not worth doing, i'd need at least 2 or 3 schoolies paying the same to make it worth my while. Maybe if i was already taking my own children i wouldn't mind so much.

Fraggle1
15-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Thanks everyone! I do already take my own son to the school so i have to be up anyway so would just be a nice bit of extra dosh :) I'm gonna have a think....I think the way she said 'it's only 30 mins' made me feel guilty but at the end of the day she is getting paid for her work so I shld get paid a decent bit for mine! lol Thanks again everyone! x

suez
15-11-2010, 10:15 PM
like someone else mentioned, wat if that is the only child you had

lets say for some reason your child wasnt goin to school yet you still had to take the mindee to school, so defo make it worth your while:thumbsup:

Adiamond
16-11-2010, 09:38 AM
I charge £5.00 before school whether it be for a full hour or 2 minutes as we walk out of the door. x x