PDA

View Full Version : Little Taster Session!

VINASOL
15-11-2010, 01:02 PM
Wow. What a difference a girl makes.

My mindee (who I've mentioned in recent posts) hasn't come today as her sibling mindee is poorly; so mum kept both at home today :eek: :eek:

Anyway, new mindee who is due to start in January came today (as a favour for mum and a settling in session) and oh my gosh, what a major difference it has been.

New mindee, and my DD were fab together; no huffs, no puffs and no time-out chair (obviously know this can change) and shared so well and were so funny...it made SUCH a wonderful change.

I've noticed a difference in the two mindees straight away: one mindee seems to like structure; the other doesn't....how do you manage to do activities when one is chalk and the other cheese?

singlewiththree
15-11-2010, 01:05 PM
The only thing I can suggest is offer both. I have some that like to do activities and others who like to play. I let the player play and the other one in on the action. They all come together at meal times and specific times of the day like story time. Even then mindee1 will have other books to flick through while we read one together.

Andrea08
15-11-2010, 01:09 PM
ive got all boys on my books atm and one firl just tuesday mornings and im missing little girls,, a few yrs ago all i had was girls and missed having a boy around the place... as for different likes and activities remember your continual provision and offer both you never know they may surprise you and join in one day. x

Penny1959
15-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Fantastic news about new mindee - hope it continues to be all smiles.

Agrre with previous post about offering range of activities (not to many) but have structure through routines - maybe a visual timetable would help both to know what is happening next?

Penny :)