PDA

View Full Version : Payment at weekends

snufflepuff
15-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Just a quick question....if the date a parent is due to pay you falls on a weekend or bank holiday, do you ask that payment is made early? Or do you just accept that it will get to you late? Would you apply late charges if fees got to you late as a result of a bank holiday or weekend?

I'm changing the way payments work, and after having a parent take it upon themselves to pick and choose how and when they pay me (!) want to make it absolutely crystal clear what I expect!

Pipsqueak
15-11-2010, 01:01 PM
If it falls on a day when I am not working then I expect payment in my hand or cleared in the bank on the last day of the working week.

Andrea08
15-11-2010, 01:03 PM
agree with pip but would not charge late payment of fees because of a wkend or bank holiday as long as you had your fees by the next working day.

Toothfairy
15-11-2010, 01:06 PM
On my invoices I always put 'FUNDS DUE ON THE LAST WORKING DAY OF THE WEEK/MONTH'.

That way I should always be paid on a weekday not a weekend. :thumbsup:

Penny1959
15-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Fees should never be paid late and if direct transfer will be in your bank on the correct day. If to be cash then I would expect it on last working day before due date. (and if they insist on paying by cheque 14 days before payment date to allow for clearing)

Penny :)

curlycathy
16-11-2010, 08:24 PM
I agree with Penny - fees shouldn't be late. I know my parents are paid on the 28th and if that falls at a weekend they are paid on the Friday.

My payment date is 3rd of the month, regardless of what day if falls on - changed it from the 1st to give them more time to sort their vouchers out. I've been flexible enough and they know I WILL implement my late fees - they get the invoice in plenty of time, they know the bill is coming so they have to pay on time!