PDA

View Full Version : illness

madredann
15-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Hi
I had a parent text to say child had been ill half the night. I have a 48hr exclusion period, when would it be best to allow them back.
What do you all do in this situation?
Thanks
Julie

singlewiththree
15-11-2010, 12:56 PM
If by ill they have had sickness and runs then I wouldn't have them back until Wednesday if it was still in the early hours of this morning,

If it is virus or cold then I tend to have them back when they are well enough so tomorrow.

Andrea08
15-11-2010, 01:00 PM
your right it is 48hrs AFTER the last V or D

keep incontact with mum as parents often tell porkies and send LO's back too soon ..

xx

loocyloo
15-11-2010, 01:15 PM
i had a mum text this morning ( 15 min before due at mine ) to say running late, plus LO was sick yesterday, so she'd take older child to school, go home and feed LO breakfast and see how LO was, and then bring her over ....

i rang back and said i couldn't have LO at all today ''oh, but she was sick at 8am yesterday, and then again, after having milk with her breakfast. i think she's had alot of flem in her tummy as she has been really snotty the last few days, she is much brighter today. yesterday she only wanted to cuddle and not eat'' i said she shouldn't come for 48hrs, but i would have her tomorrow as long as she was well today. i then got a long tale about being really busy at work, deadlines etc, and just said again, i can't have her until she is well, as if she passes it to the rest of us, i would have to shut. she then said ''if she is ok at lunchtime, can you have her for the afternoon?'' no, tomorrow! i did say i would have older child afterschool, but she is going to let me know about that!

i apreciate it was probably flem from her tummy, as this LO seems prone to being sick when she has a snotty cold, but if she is just wanting cuddles all day i can't do it, plus this is my screamer, who although so much better, will still have a screamy day if feeling anything other that 100% and having 100% attention!

i just wonder if, if she hadn't been running late if she would have even told me! probably not! :rolleyes:

madredann
15-11-2010, 01:24 PM
I know what you mean, I have 4 of my own children and could be off for a week. I am thinking of saying 48 hours so could come back Wednesday and then i might say i cant have her wed and not charge just to be on the safe side I dont want to make it so that next time she doesnt tell me, I want to be fair and protect my own family.

loocyloo
16-11-2010, 06:01 PM
:D :D :D

i feel vindicated .... mum of LO txt this morning - sibling not going to school as was sick all night ! so it WAS a bug not just flemmy sick !!!

then, she asked, as LO had been ok for 24hrs, could i have her, i said yes, happy to. she then text back and said, great, sibling not up for going in the car today, so pick her up when it fitted in :eek:

not a please, could you, would you, might you, in sight !!!:angry:
i'm afraid i text back and said sorry, i was stuck in all day ( bar school runs ) waiting for a delivery !!! oh well, shame, was mums reply! i did say she could drop her over at any point, but they never turned up !!!

luckily don't have them tomorrow, fingers crossed both well by thursday!

Trouble
16-11-2010, 06:27 PM
:D :D :D

i feel vindicated .... mum of LO txt this morning - sibling not going to school as was sick all night ! so it WAS a bug not just flemmy sick !!!

then, she asked, as LO had been ok for 24hrs, could i have her, i said yes, happy to. she then text back and said, great, sibling not up for going in the car today, so pick her up when it fitted in :eek:

not a please, could you, would you, might you, in sight !!!:angry:
i'm afraid i text back and said sorry, i was stuck in all day ( bar school runs ) waiting for a delivery !!! oh well, shame, was mums reply! i did say she could drop her over at any point, but they never turned up !!!

luckily don't have them tomorrow, fingers crossed both well by thursday!

what a cheek:eek:

well done you though:thumbsup: :D

shelly2012
16-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Mine didn't tell me wee one was sick I only found out cause older brother told me :panic: Parents eh