PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Baby

Gherkin
12-04-2008, 06:25 AM
Do not want to count my chickens before they have hatched but I am very excited as I chased up a parent who visited me last sunday with her 4 month old girl and her husband called me back saying she was away for a few days but does want to go ahead with me Yippee. My youngest mindee is 2 yrs 5 months at the moment.

This really cheered me up after a hard week with a 7 yr old with adhd and an 11 yr old who knows it all. Also my dd has had a leaky ear. Spoke to NHS direct who said it would sort itself and then forced husband to stand in our docs yesterday and insist he was seen - it worked and apparantly she has a hole in her ear that will eventually heal itself and the stuff coming out of it is snot due to her cold that she seems to have had for ages. Needless to say they finally gave us antibiotics for her. Poor thing she is so good and does not moan at all (can make it hard to know when she is ill if no physical symtoms).
I'll be going back to the doctors again next week as I want them to check it is improving as they have misdiagnosed my son in the past and my mum suffers from leaky ears which led to her perforating her ear drum and being deaf in that year. She has just got her first hearing aid in 50 years and it is a real pain as none of us can talk without her hearing us!

crazybones
12-04-2008, 06:33 AM
Best of Luck with the baby. As for the ears I have total sympathy. I have had a few perforated ear drums over the years leaving scarring in my ear drum. I have hearing loss in both ears but it is not bad enough to do anything about yet. The pain from perforated ear drums is worse than any of the 3 c-sections I have had and the constant gunk coming out is gross.

angeldelight
12-04-2008, 07:18 AM
Oh your poor daughter she must be in a lot of pain poor little mite
Hope you get it sorted

Hope you get the baby - good luck

Keep us posted about your daughter and the baby

Angel xx

Gherkin
12-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Thanks, dd is much brighter today and there does not seem to be leaking but intend to be back at quacks on tuesday to talk to them about her ear and on going possibility of issues in the hope that we can head them off at the pass so to speak.

miffy
14-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Just catching up - hope your daughter is feeling much better now and you get things sorted at the docs tomorrow

Also hope you hear back from the babys mum soon

miffy xx