PDA

View Full Version : What do I give parents who have given notice?

mrs robbie williams
15-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Am I right in thinking I give them their learning journals ? only problem with that is im waiting for my first ofsted visit and wont have anything to show them as now only have one mindee for 3 hours once a week. Can anyone advise? thank you

sarah707
15-11-2010, 10:17 AM
Ofsted do not want to see LJs for children who have left your care... these go home with the parents at the end of the contract.

You could make up a dummy one / sample one of your child etc if you want something to show Ofsted. :D

mummyof3
15-11-2010, 10:40 AM
They won't inspect you unless you have early years children on your roll. I had same problem and they told me to ring them back once I was working with early years again. :D

Penny1959
15-11-2010, 02:20 PM
I made up a dummy one for my pre reg with all the documents that I planned to use.- a long with a post it on each page saying how often did it and when parents would have input.

Maybe you could copy a few bits from the LO who is leaving - blank out name and put in as examples of what you have done - to show how fits in with your documents.

Would be useful to have because once you have a mindee for inspection to take place - may not have much time to gather evidence.

Penny :)