PDA

View Full Version : Teacher training days?

buzzy bee
14-11-2010, 09:50 PM
If you have term time only mindees, do you charge for teacher training days?

Just looking at christmas hols and I'm going to miss out on 3 weeks of pay because of 2 weeks holidays and then BH monday 3rd and teacher training days on the tuesday 4th and wednesday 5th!

Lady Haha
14-11-2010, 09:57 PM
I offer to have their children for the whole day if required at my daily rate or if they don't need me, I still charge for the hours I would normally have had them for. This seems fair to me!

The Juggler
14-11-2010, 09:59 PM
teacher training days are officially term-time. If I can have the child for the full day (i.e. if I have the space) then I charge the before/after school fee whether they come or not. If they come, I just charge for the additional hours.:)

Lady Haha
OOhhh!!! I didn't realise that Monday was a bank holiday!!!! Grrrr!!! I don't charge for those, so I'm losing that days pay:mad:

loocyloo
i charge for all days within term dates, so a bank holiday that falls within the term gets charged for, as do teacher training days. i always offer to have the children for those days.

sometimes the children come to me , sometimes they don't ( i have a pair of siblings LO still comes to me, and schoolmindee goes to grandma as mum doesn't want to pay the extra and then once got grandma to drop off to me for tea ! :eek: what was worse is that she dropped him off and i said ''quick X, say bye to grandma, go and wash your hands and sit down for tea, i had just served it up, so yours is ready for you'' she then looked strangely at me and gave me a dish and said that is X & Y's tea !!! i said ''thanks, i'll pass it to mum''

buzzy bee
14-11-2010, 10:07 PM
thanks for the replies.

i have one mum in particular i'm nervous about telling because she's already made a big thing of what i charge (£15 until 6.35pm including dinner) and I'm worried she'll find a new childminder... and I can't afford to lose her so wondering if it's worth it or if i should just not charge her!

The Juggler
14-11-2010, 10:10 PM
thanks for the replies.

i have one mum in particular i'm nervous about telling because she's already made a big thing of what i charge (£15 until 6.35pm including dinner) and I'm worried she'll find a new childminder... and I can't afford to lose her so wondering if it's worth it or if i should just not charge her!

hon, if she's got a t-time only contract then she's already getting 13 weeks a year for free. not many minders offer that. she'll be lucky to find someone else.

miffy
15-11-2010, 07:48 AM
thanks for the replies.

I agree with what the Juggler says.

If you have it in your contract that she will be charged for absences during the school term then she has nothing to complain about.

Be brave - you're worth it! :)

Miffy xx