PDA

View Full Version : my 6 year old mindee has come down with this

ajs
11-04-2008, 10:39 PM
http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/article.aspx?articleId=424

poor thing she asked me yesterday if her face was red as it was burning hot and very itchy

i have one mum who is pregnant but hopefully she's passed the danger stage

Lou
11-04-2008, 10:40 PM
ooohhh nasty how did they know was it diagnosed?

sorry just wondered as i have not come across it yet

angeldelight
11-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Oh what a shame

I was chatting to someone about this the other day its surprising how many people have never ever heard of it

I had heard of it but I have never seen anyone with it

Hope she is feeling ok ?

Angel xx

Monkey1
11-04-2008, 10:42 PM
There has been cases of hand foot and mouth in this area in the last few weeks x

Minnie Minx
11-04-2008, 10:43 PM
i've never heard of it either, poor mite hope she feels better soon

xx

ajs
11-04-2008, 10:48 PM
apparently lou it's sweeping through the school

i have heard of it but only from when mine were little

it has flu like symptoms as well as the burning red cheek and mum was taking her to the drs this afternoon but as 3 from her class are off with it she is pretty sure about what it is.

once the rash has appeared it isn't contagious i just hope i'm not going to get anything i am only just feeling normal after my chest infection

Lou
11-04-2008, 10:49 PM
oh fingers crossed you dont get it Mandy x

Minnie Minx
11-04-2008, 10:50 PM
my fingers and toes are crossed for you mandy, you def don't want that

xxx

ajs
11-04-2008, 10:53 PM
i've just read the symptoms and do you know i had everyone other than the brain and neurological ones.
or maybe i just had flu and a chest infection
who knows but no i don't want to get anything else this year thanks

Minnie Minx
11-04-2008, 10:56 PM
hey mandy, you're not going to do a michael jackson and walk around the expo with a surgical mask on are you???

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

xxx

ajs
11-04-2008, 10:59 PM
hey mandy, you're not going to do a michael jackson and walk around the expo with a surgical mask on are you???

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

xxx

no but i might put a blanket over your head :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sorry only teasing xxxxx

ajs
11-04-2008, 11:02 PM
beofre you shout at me i'm going to bed

hubby has just got home from 2 nights in cornwall.

i'll speak to you tomorrow
love you :)

Minnie Minx
11-04-2008, 11:03 PM
no that's great cause everyone will think i'm someone famous :D :D

actually in my case they'll probably think i'm a mass murderer :laughing: :laughing:

xxx

Lou
11-04-2008, 11:03 PM

night Mandy

fresh bedding?

Minnie Minx
11-04-2008, 11:04 PM

enjoy your hankypanky :laughing: :laughing: night night, sweet dreams mandy

xxx

emler
12-04-2008, 06:12 AM
My little 5 year old mindee had slap cheek over the Easter holidays. He wasn't unwell with it at all but he did have really red cheeks and a rash all over his body.
He doesn't come here in the hols cos his mums a teacher so he wasn't in contact with my other kids luckily.

Emler x

Tatia
12-04-2008, 08:34 AM
Back in The States in my old job, when I visited families in their homes, I was in the earliest stages of pregnancy (noone knew yet) and I visited a lo who had this (also called 5ths disease). I was so worried and upset that I went straight to my doctor. Luckily, it was all okay in the end but it can be dangerous to pregnant women.

manjay
12-04-2008, 08:40 AM
This is the one that is caused by parvovirus and when you say that every one thinks it is linked to dogs!!

amanda xx

ajs
12-04-2008, 08:43 AM
Back in The States in my old job, when I visited families in their homes, I was in the earliest stages of pregnancy (noone knew yet) and I visited a lo who had this (also called 5ths disease). I was so worried and upset that I went straight to my doctor. Luckily, it was all okay in the end but it can be dangerous to pregnant women.

hi tatia
i am ignoring the smutty ones who made comment about my bed time.:laughing: :laughing:

i have warned the mum about it and told her to consult the dr.
she is due in july so is about 6 months so i think she's passed the worst stages but she didn't seem unduly worried

carolinel
12-04-2008, 08:52 AM
There has been cases of hand foot and mouth in this area in the last few weeks x

we've had quite a few aswell! the hpa official stance is there is no exclusion period but it is really catching so is still doing the rounds!

Blaze
12-04-2008, 09:10 AM
J had this last year...it's a real pain in the rear!
Blaze:)

miffy
12-04-2008, 12:48 PM
My son had this when he was small I'd never heard of it before

A childminder friend had it a couple of weeks ago but I haven't seen any children with it lately

Oh and I would exclude it can be passed on quite easily

miffy xx