PDA

View Full Version : Deposit/Retainer

SonnysMummy
11-04-2008, 10:20 PM
I'm thinking i'l take a deposit for places that are going to be taken quite soon and retainers if i'm going to be holding the place for a lengthy amount of time...but how do i distinguish between this?
Deposits and retainers are really bugging me:panic:
Sorry:o

Lou
11-04-2008, 10:24 PM
I'm thinking i'l take a deposit for places that are going to be taken quite soon and retainers if i'm going to be holding the place for a lengthy amount of time...but how do i distinguish between this?
Deposits and retainers are really bugging me:panic:
Sorry:o

Right i will try my best but i have had a drink :laughing:

A deposit is taken if you are holding the place but cannot offer care.

A retainer is charged if you have the place open but they dont need it yet, therefore if you charge a retainer you must be available to use (at full price) and with notice

am i making sense?

ma7ie
11-04-2008, 10:27 PM
This is what I do with regards to deposits and retainers

Deposits
To secure a place for your child, a deposit of one week’s fee is required. If you then decide not take up your reserved place your deposit will be forfeited. If for any reason I am unable to take your child as agreed the full amount will be refundable.

Retainer Fees
If I have a vacancy available but you do not require it straight away a retainer fee will be charged. A retainer fee is charged when a childminding place is being reserved for your child, preventing me from offering the place to another child and therefore, losing potential income. Retainer fees are charged at 50% of the normal fee that would apply but are NOT a “credit” towards future childminding fees. This is my income. Retainer fees are non-refundable should you decide not to take up the place. Childcare is available by arrangement during the retainer period with the other 50% becoming due. Term time only contracts will incur a 50% retainer fee to keep the space for your child, if you opt not to pay a retainer fee then I cannot guarantee a place being available when school resumes.

Hope that helps :D

Lou
11-04-2008, 10:30 PM
This is what I do with regards to deposits and retainers

Deposits
To secure a place for your child, a deposit of one week’s fee is required. If you then decide not take up your reserved place your deposit will be forfeited. If for any reason I am unable to take your child as agreed the full amount will be refundable.

Retainer Fees
If I have a vacancy available but you do not require it straight away a retainer fee will be charged. A retainer fee is charged when a childminding place is being reserved for your child, preventing me from offering the place to another child and therefore, losing potential income. Retainer fees are charged at 50% of the normal fee that would apply but are NOT a “credit” towards future childminding fees. This is my income. Retainer fees are non-refundable should you decide not to take up the place. Childcare is available by arrangement during the retainer period with the other 50% becoming due. Term time only contracts will incur a 50% retainer fee to keep the space for your child, if you opt not to pay a retainer fee then I cannot guarantee a place being available when school resumes.

Hope that helps :D

oh you explained it sooo much better........

note to self do not offer advice when been drinking red wine lol

ma7ie
11-04-2008, 10:33 PM
note to self do not offer advice when been drinking red wine lol

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pipsqueak
11-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Great explanations - think I may use them please.

angeldelight
12-04-2008, 07:30 AM
Good advice Marie

Angel xx

SonnysMummy
12-04-2008, 08:40 PM
Thankyou ladies...that does really help:)
I think i've finally got it:blush: I've not been working since before i had my little boy 10 months ago so i still have baby brain!!!:blush:

Kelly:)

Minnie Minx
12-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Thankyou ladies...that does really help:)
I think i've finally got it:blush: I've not been working since before i had my little boy 10 months ago so i still have baby brain!!!:blush:

Kelly:)

hahahah i've got that and i haven't had a baby :laughing: :laughing:

xxx