PDA

View Full Version : where do you keep them?

KarenM
14-11-2010, 10:59 AM
I currently have three learning journeys on the go, as well as three scrapbooks for the older children. When I worked in a nursery, each child had a tray containing their learning journeys as well as pictures. There were no problems with confidentiality etc. However at home I can't provide individual trays and currently have them on the shelf at home. I have OFSTED coming next week and am not sure what is recommended. I was thinking about getting those document folders and putting them in there along with painting etc. Is this acceptable?

miss mopple
14-11-2010, 11:09 AM
I keep mine on the windowsill in the playroom so they are in easy reach :thumbsup:

Ofsted never asked, but then I had them all out on a table for her to see

sarah707
14-11-2010, 11:12 AM
I keep them on the shelves in my playroom so that I can update them quickly during the day.

Each one is in a loose leaf folder with the child's name on the outside.

I regularly sit down and look through them with the children so I want them close by :D

KarenM
14-11-2010, 11:16 AM
Thanks everyone. So having them on the shelf is absolutely fine. That's one less thing to worry about, lol.

Ripeberry
14-11-2010, 02:46 PM
At reception they keep the L.J's out for all parents to have a look :)

PinkFairy24
28-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Oh brilliant thanks!

Just wondering, do you give them to the children when they leave you? Do you keep a copy for Ofsted and other parents to look at?

Thanks, love Claire X x X

Playmate
28-11-2010, 09:39 PM
Oh brilliant thanks!

Just wondering, do you give them to the children when they leave you? Do you keep a copy for Ofsted and other parents to look at?

Thanks, love Claire X x X

They are given to the parents, Ofsted are only interested in the children you have at present :D

Penny1959
29-11-2010, 04:38 AM
I keep my Lj's on shelf in kitchen and that is where they were when Ofsted visited in Oct (just told her where they were so she could look at them) she was fine about where stored.

I give LJ's to parents when child leaves.

Penny :)

singlewiththree
29-11-2010, 07:04 AM
Mine are in my lounge on a bookcase with photos of the child on the side so I can easily see who is who. The children love pointed at their pictures.