PDA

View Full Version : Sharing information with other settings

pinkbutterfly
14-11-2010, 05:56 AM
How do you do it?
I have a chat with children's teachers from time to time to find out what they are doing and planning but I have never asked for anything in writing. I guess I should do it's all about the evidence for Ofsted, isn't it?
I have also just finished updating all the LJ and I would like to share them with other settings(school-reception class). Do you enclose a form for their comments? What would you include in it if you do. Or is it not meant to be shared?
I feel so stressed about the whole thing and being judged because they all have proper degrees and I'm just a new childminder without one ....

sarah707
14-11-2010, 09:24 AM
I look at noticeboards, ask children what they have done, glean any nuggets of information I can from the key worker, key into what the child is playing as often that is inspired by things he has done elsewhere... and write it up! :D

Bear23
14-11-2010, 09:28 AM
I look at noticeboards, ask children what they have done, glean any nuggets of information I can from the key worker, key into what the child is playing as often that is inspired by things he has done elsewhere... and write it up! :D

me to, and i raid the school folders for any info, make notes in their school comment books, i have a folder with all the schools newsletters etc