PDA

View Full Version : ruby

ruby
17-12-2007, 01:08 PM
new to this so hear goes
i have two children going into full time education next september but they are only 3 will be 4 when they go to school.Will not be five untill april/may 2009
have read standard 13 13.4 which says they may be classed as over 5 for adult child ratio but one childminder in my area was told that they would still be classed as under 5 for school holidays .
has anyone incountered this as i don't want to advertise spaces next year if they still count as under fives

thanks Ruby

Polly2
17-12-2007, 01:13 PM
Hi Ruby

My inspector told me last year that my 4 yr old would not count as one of my under 5's once he started school - even in the holidays.

I hope this is right anyway!

Lou
17-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Yes that is right, My dd is not 5 until May next yr, but she has moved up into over 5 group as she is at full time school.

Lou x

ruby
17-12-2007, 01:17 PM
thanks holly

that is what i thought to but may get in confirmed with C S I W before taking any new ones on . better to be safe than sorry

ruby

Rubybubbles
17-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Yes that is right, My dd is not 5 until May next yr, but she has moved up into over 5 group as she is at full time school.

Lou x

I think Ruby is saying her under 5 but at school won't be counted? Am I right?

I've always counted them as over 5 once started school and even had this in writing from Ofsted back in Sept. When my ds turned 4 in the march, he started full time in the April and I changed my reg to 2 under 5's (dd under 5), it's all so confusing especially when your told no for the hols, that means for the past 2 years I would have been over lol!! And I had a visit from Ofsted as someone reported me for going over numbers and this was NOT the case as of the ages and amount of school they attended - spanner sorry! Best thing to do would be phone Ofsted and see what mood they're in lol!!

Oh yeah, I also had a varition from the Jan-April when my ds started school so I had 4 under 4's anyway at some point (reg for 1 varition for 1 plus own two!!) (this was back in 2006 thought!!)

ruby
17-12-2007, 01:48 PM
have took your advice and have emailed ofsted to ask them
as i have already had an equiry for next september and do not want to be over my numbers

thank you all for your advice it has been very helpful

let you know what happens

angeldelight
17-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Good luck

Angel xx

Pauline
17-12-2007, 02:34 PM
I'll move this to childminding chat as you will get more response there.

:)

ruby
18-12-2007, 04:12 PM
hi
just thought i would let you know that i had a reply from ofsted and you were right 4yrs in full time education can be counted in your 5-8 yrs

thank you for your help

manjay
18-12-2007, 06:25 PM
hi
just thought i would let you know that i had a reply from ofsted and you were right 4yrs in full time education can be counted in your 5-8 yrs

thank you for your help

A bit confused here! Is it the CSSIW you contacted for confirmation?

I have had it confirmed by my CSSIW inspector that 4 year olds in full time ed are counted in your 5-7 ratio. They could not expect you to keep the spaces free just for the school hols! but it is useful to know they are singing from the same hymn sheet!!

Amanda xx

ruby
19-12-2007, 09:07 AM
hi Amanda

no i contacted ofsted as i thought it was right but my friend had her inspection and was told no but she might have not understood what the inspector was saying so just wanted to confirm before taking any more on for september.

hope this makes sense.

cathy