PDA

View Full Version : setting up again

SamWilliams1980
12-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Hi everyone. I have recently moved house (sept) and as soon as I got the go ahead and new certificate I started advertising every where i could think of, joining various websites etc and just cant seem to catch a break. Genuinely worried about having no income, getting pretty desperate now :mad: .

Any one got any marketing tips or any tips to help me find some mindees...

glitzygal
13-11-2010, 12:16 AM
HI so sorry to hear your not getting any parents,

have you treid going in to your local pre-schools, and schools as some in my area have a list you can go on, and they had it out
good luck,
hope some parents fall out of the sky soon,,,,(not on top of you ) lol

:thumbsup:

kel1983
13-11-2010, 09:50 AM
Hi
I was starting to think I was never gonna find any chilldren.
I have been registered since August this year and dvertised everywhere I could think of.

I signed up to paid membership with Childcare.co.uk which meant I could contact parents who were looking for childcare.

I checked it every day and then just last week I came across someone looking for 3 days a week 7 hours a day. I contacted them and they came to visit the end of last week and were so happy they signed the contract there and then. I started caring for their child on Monday.

I couldnt believe my luck. The first week was brilliant. The child has settled in lovely.

You need to hang in there. It seems to be a little quiet at the moment. God luck;)

kymberly
13-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Hi there,

I advertised in my local shops/newsagents with a leaflet. I also got busines cards made (free with Vista) and left a pile in my son's playgroup. I now have 4 mindees (within 2 months of getting registered).

You could also advertise in your local paper and get one of those signs for your car window (I've seen them on ebay for very cheap). Also go to mother and toddler groups (and put up a leaflet or leave business cards) and meet other mums and let them know you childmind.

Good luck xx

Penny1959
13-11-2010, 04:39 PM
I found paying for membership of Childcare.co.uk worth every penny as got mindees from there. I also checked everyday and emailed any that might be suitable.
I also set up website, got sticker for back of car AND a T.shirt with usual small logo on front and HUGE logo website address and phone number on back - wore it everywhere (just had to wash every night). People did notice - one person in car even stopped and wrote down number (and yes did ring).

Good Luck - sure you will get mindees soon

Penny :)