PDA

View Full Version : Just started my NVQ 3 CCLD - Help!!!

ma7ie
11-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Can't believe what I've let myself in for. Had assessor round yesterday afternoon and she left me loads of stuff to do but didn't explain any of it.

I'm absolutely bricking it now.

I've just done my C.V, now got to do a setting description which is straight forward but haven't a clue what to write in my personal profile.

Does anybody know how much I have to write and what sort of things to put in it please?

Also I understand that I have to number each page I complete. Does this have to be in any order or just in the order that I do stuff?

Going to be asking loads of questions from now on. You're going to be so fed up of me before long!!:eek:

miffy
11-04-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by personal profile I don't recall doing that - it sounds like another name for cv to me

You have to page number your evidence then you x-ref your standards to it. I didn't have to page number my cv and setting information but it does vary.

If you're not sure check with your assessor - that is her job to support you

You will be fine - all will become clear..........eventually!

Good luck

miffy xx

ma7ie
11-04-2008, 09:57 PM
I've been given a list of things I have to do and a Personal Profile is extra to the CV. :(

sarah707
11-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Is it a strengths and weaknesses thing? Like a personal development thing? I think I will do well with xxx but I will struggle with yyy... dunno, I didn't do that when I did mine... just a cv.

Can you ring your tutor and ask?

Yes I had to number all my pages. Just wait til you are sure you have finished each section, including all evidence and tutor's witterings, then number them all up.... and be ready with the tippex for the pages you forget to put in! :laughing:

angeldelight
12-04-2008, 07:49 AM
Good advice from everyone

Just wanted to say hope you get it sorted good luck

Angel xx

manjay
12-04-2008, 07:53 AM
My assessor is due again for my first visit next week so I may be able to help you more then.

Good luck

amanda xx

ChocolateChip
12-04-2008, 06:56 PM
For my personal profile I was told to cover three things:
a brief statement about previous experience in childcare (babysitting, childcare at school)
a bit about why I am doing the course now (as a parent wanted to move from retail to something more family friendly)
what I hope to do after this course, career moves, etc. (When baby is older work with early years- didn't plan on childminding at this point but there you go!)

It's not long, only a paragraph for each section, just under a page of a4.

Yes every page has to be numbered in order, including any policies in the policy section and any booklets about developement/nutrition you have to do. My booklets were the first task so they had to be numbered first, but i did mine in roman numerals and then started my assignments in normal numbers, so my unit 301 was p1-39, then came witness statements which I numbered 40a, 40b 40c, etc as unless you're really organised it's hard to get these done straightaway. Unit 302 was then p41-124 If anything was added in later it became 18a, for example.
It's a real pain but it's so that the internal and external verifiers can find things, if they can't they will mark you down or give you a really hard 'going over' not just the couple of units they have to check.
Also you will need to do a lot of cross referencing as the course goes on, and
logging where you have met certain criterta- can't remeber the proper name, we called them ticky boxes!

Sorry if this sounds alot, don't mean to put you off, but it's best to be prepared!
Hope this helps :)