PDA

View Full Version : Soooooooooooo Angry !!

loobyloo168
12-11-2010, 11:59 AM
I am soooooooo angry with my local ChildCare Strategy Team its untrue.

A woman knocked on my door last week saying she was from the above. She said she had been trying to contact me for weeks and weeks to do the annual visit but the FIS had the wrong contact details for me ! I called her back later and arranged a visit for last Tuesday.

I contacted the FIS and they had all the right details for me ?! And wernt best pleased at being blamed.

Over the weekend my gran died, i worked monday but didnt think to call her to cancel so did so on the Tuesday morning at 0845 whilst walking my DD to school, i explained that i needed some time to be with family and told her i would call to arrange another meeting when i knew the Funeral arrangements.

This morning i had a letter dated the 9th Nov saying that this woman had been trying to contact me for ages blah blah blah and to contact her asap to arrange a visit as they had to be done before Dec and the imporatance of the annual visit and review. I litrally live a stones throw away from their office so spending weeks trying to contact me is rubbish, as when i was pre reg thye walked to my house !!

It also said that,

I has recently received a wide selection of resources from the Ey Capital grant and that she understands i only offer a limited service for children withing the eyfs, and if i am not intending to expand my provision i am to return the items as they belong to he council and can be re distributed among other childminders, as they have a responsibility to redistribute items that are not benefitting children within the EYFS.

What does I ONLY OFFER A IMITED SERVICE WITHIN THE EYFS MEAN ?

The last thing it says is that i didnt return my questionaire from the snapshot day in May ! And i needed to return it asap.

I called them this morning to ask what they meant by me offering a limited service, but no ones around to tell me as the one whose been after me for "ages " doesnt work on a friday, and the woman who wrote the letter is in a conference but a message had been left for her to call me back.

All i can say that when i have my visit she best have a big car cus they can have there equipment, which THEY reccommended i had and stick it where the sun doesnt shine and i will replace it myself. And if i havt got what i should have for my next inspection ill show them the letter saying that i offer a limited service and didnt need the equipment !!!

And i cant wait to fill in my SEF about how much support i get from the EY team !!

Im shaking with anger !!! She gonna get an ear bashing later !!

The Juggler
12-11-2010, 01:39 PM
:eek: :eek: what shocking support service from this team:panic: :panic: how awful for you hon.

I would seriously consider writing a letter of complaint to her boss. Then I would also deal with her and tell her exactly what you've told us.

If you have 2 of your own children under 5 of course you're going to have a limited EYFS capacity - I don't know what you have but none of us can offer more than 3 children EYFS provision (possibly 4 with a rising 5 in the setting).

OK I've had 6 before now, all part time but that's only equivalent to 3 full-timers. Silly woman.

merry
12-11-2010, 01:53 PM
That's disgraceful :angry: I would put in an official complaint. I've never even heard of a childcare strategy team, let alone been visited by anyone. Surely they knew about this supposed 'limited service' when they allocated your resources in the first place. I hope you get some answers when they ring back, if they do!!

:)

youarewhatyoueat
12-11-2010, 01:59 PM
Sounds like she may be in trouble for not meeting targets and is taking it out on you, I would ask them for a meeting to explain what they mean. Don't go handing back all the equipment if you need it, explain to them why you need it and then it is up to explain exactly why they think you don't.

sarah707
12-11-2010, 02:13 PM
That is a dreadful way to be treated and I would suggest you fight it!

I know you are cross but handing the toys back leaves them open to bullying other childminders too... fighting it makes it clear that what they are doing is very wrong.

If you need help with letters or anything I am sure your friends on here are always happy to help :D

loobyloo168
12-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Is that what limited is ? They took out my daughter from my numbers as she was 18 months when I started but now she's rising 5 and ofsted have changed my numbers to my full 3 early years spaces. I only notified ofsted that she had started reception and didn't think I has to tell them ? Surley they would have this information ? As they had a copy of my Ofsted report and didn't get it from me ? And even if I were on limited service even if I had only one child in eyfs are they not entitled to use that equipment for how ever long I may or maynot have them ?

I can't stand the ey team, iv not seen them in the 2 Years iv been registered and now because they are apparently including the support you receive in the SEF they're wanting to start visiting and caring ! Well it doesn't wash with me it's this forum I have had the majority of help from and took great pleasure in telling the inspector this fact when I had my first inspection.

As for not being able to contact ne they called me on snap shot day to get my numbers, and on other occasions so they have no excuse really !

Roll on learning to drive and giving it alllllll up !!

The Juggler
12-11-2010, 02:20 PM
i reckon they are all being given a kick up the bottom to make sure they are on targets as job reviews and redundancies are being looked out.

Like Sarah says fight giving back the equipment. Ask them what full EYFS means - how many children then check that other minders are receiving the same treatment.

If you didn't sign any restrictive agreements when you were given the toys then they have no right to give them back. If you signed to say you'd work a certain no. hours with all your under 5 places filled then they might have a case but I'm guessing you have your places full anyway and if you don't probably not through choice.

They can't say you're only offering restricted EYFS service because you can't fill your vacancies that would be highly unethical. They'd have to remove all grant provided equipment from every minder every tim ethey had a vacancy.

Sorry rant over hon. But throw a few of these questions at her - I bet she is just very stressed about her job but she is behaving v. unprofessionally and you should tell her so.:angry:

the happy house
12-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Can only echo what's already been said... get a letter of complaint in asap!!!

Andrea08
12-11-2010, 03:57 PM
:angry: i feel for ya hun.... kkeep the resources hun dont cut off ya nose to spite them and tell her she isnt welcome in your setting and you will contact ofsted from now on..

i was worried that we will not have a DO as from jan but tbh im glad as we dont need them coz we got the forum and a telephone to ask ofsted..

turn up to training and keep ya nose clean and just keep telling them ya out

good luck xx

loobyloo168
12-11-2010, 07:49 PM
:angry: i feel for ya hun.... kkeep the resources hun dont cut off ya nose to spite them and tell her she isnt welcome in your setting and you will contact ofsted from now on..

i was worried that we will not have a DO as from jan but tbh im glad as we dont need them coz we got the forum and a telephone to ask ofsted..

turn up to training and keep ya nose clean and just keep telling them ya out

good luck xx

Can I do that ? Tell them I don't want them at my house ? I'd love it !! Not surprised to say I didn't get a call back !! Wasn't really holding my breath though. In my opinion if your not part of the network click your no body round here unless your making them look good !