PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me some classical music please

miss mopple
12-11-2010, 10:34 AM
as I no nowt about it :blush:

I want to use it as background music so the more relaxing the better :thumbsup: My daughter has always had a mixed cd of it at bedtime aimed at babies (she's almost 5 and still cant sleep without it :) ) but other than that my knowledge of classical music is zilch, but all my mindees love music so I thought it may be good to have it playing at various times (like when I need them to calm down :laughing: )

any ideas?

mama2three
12-11-2010, 10:44 AM
We regularly have the 'baby mozart' cd on to help us relax - works wonders when used alongside lavender oil playdough! Also the minuets by Bach , Brahms lullaby ..
fisher price do a lovely cd called natures lullabies , Rainforest music.

kindredspirits
12-11-2010, 10:47 AM
why not stick classic FM on and see what you like???

Helen Dempster
12-11-2010, 12:43 PM
what about the Dr Who music? We play that alot here (you can buy it on CD) Some of the pieces are beautiful and very relaxing. I put the Dr Who at the Proms on DVD on for the mindees the other day - not only did they enjoy the music, they were asking loads of questions about the different instruments too :)

The Juggler
12-11-2010, 01:35 PM
We regularly have the 'baby mozart' cd on to help us relax - works wonders when used alongside lavender oil playdough! Also the minuets by Bach , Brahms lullaby ..
fisher price do a lovely cd called natures lullabies , Rainforest music.

baby mozard is lovely. I've got one just called children's classics and it's done in a very child friendly way - lots of xylophones etc, lighter than big drums etc.

but I agree that the 'massage' music is probably lovely rainforest, beach, whales etc.

Twinkles
12-11-2010, 01:41 PM
I was going to say the same as Kindredspirits. Try classic FM.
I like classical music and had my clock radio set to classic FM but it just used to send me back to sleep ! :laughing:

miss mopple
12-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Thanks all,some great suggestions :thumbsup: Didn't occur to me to listen to classic fm :blush:

Leanne59
12-11-2010, 04:19 PM
There is a children programme called the little einsteins (disney chanel) they involve clasical music in to good stories, my son loves it. on amazon there is a cd with lots of music on from the programme. you can listen to the cd to see if you like it. its only £3.51.
HTH

Twinkles
12-11-2010, 05:01 PM
Thought you might be interested in this

http://www.mozarteffect.com/MoreOnTME/FAQ.html