PDA

View Full Version : What car would you reccomend?

Little Bear
11-04-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm looking to buy a 7 seater car. which cars have people reccomend?
I was thinking about a zafira but reading another link it wasn't on the top of everyones list. I have a small car at the moment and have to change it soon so any help would be great.
Thanks

fionamal
11-04-2008, 08:46 PM
I would recommend the Zafira. Thats what I have and its great.

Boots not huge when all the seats are being used but it can still take a double buggy and a few shopping bags.

Monkey1
11-04-2008, 08:59 PM
I had a zafira but got rid as it had no boot space and the kids felt cramped. Also turned into a money pit! Bought an imported Toyota Emina two years ago and its fab! Has 8 seats and a huge boot (i have 2 doubles and a single pushchair in it!) Not the best looking but the best car we have ever had and hubby might even admit to that under duress!

Noodles
11-04-2008, 09:37 PM
I had a zafira but got rid as it had no boot space and the kids felt cramped. Also turned into a money pit! Bought an imported Toyota Emina two years ago and its fab! Has 8 seats and a huge boot (i have 2 doubles and a single pushchair in it!) Not the best looking but the best car we have ever had and hubby might even admit to that under duress!

I agree with monkey no space at all in the boot. would be great if you were using it as a normal 5 seater but as a 7 seater i did not like it at all. Also you will have trouble with fastening in car seats and getting kids into the back row.

sarah707
11-04-2008, 10:11 PM
We have an 8 seater Toyota lucida - Japanese import... 4 teenagers plus luggage in the back, no worries! :D

charleyfarley
11-04-2008, 10:17 PM
I'd recommend a chauffeur driven limo but as we are humble childminders we have to be realistic.

I have a Zafira which I love to bits but the boot with all the seats up is non existant

Carol xx

allinatiz
11-04-2008, 10:17 PM
I don't drive so don't use a car for childminding (obviously, haha!) but we have 4 children so need a pretty big car.

We used to have a zafira and the boot space was pretty much non existent when all 7 seats are up. I don't think we would be able to fit I's pushchair in the boot with all the seats up but that's my own fault for choosing it for the colour not the size :D It's also irrelevant because we now have a chrysler voyager and it's fab!

Shirlwith3
12-04-2008, 08:40 AM
I have Renault Espace which is great as all the seats are indepent (sp?) so they all move backwards or forwards & reclyine. the only down side is there is no boot space but you can take one or both back 2 seats out if not in use.
I have had a few 7 seaters over the years my favaourite would be the toyta Prveia 8 seater and with boot space lets say I ws able to get a big german pram in & 2 uitcases in.

Shirl

Michelle M
14-04-2008, 07:23 PM
I have a Galaxy and love it, another Childminder has the Zafira, and is trading it in for a Peguot 806 with the electric side doors, others I know have Range Rovers. I think it will be worth looking at a few different cars, and test driving them to see what you feel most comfortable with, and check out the boot space with what pushchairs you have :)

sarah32
14-04-2008, 07:52 PM
I have a Ford Galaxy, lovely car for childminding, you can fit 5 full size car seats. The boot is the only draw back, only just fit my double buggy in and then have to pile all the bags on top.

Twinkles
14-04-2008, 08:06 PM
I have been looking at the vw caravelles over the weekend, I really want one.
Don't care that it's a van it has huge boot space and roomy seats.

Kelly
14-04-2008, 08:25 PM
I have a VW Touran (until recently had a galaxy) It is lovely, I tried the Zafira butr as I needed 5 car seats in it didn't work as 3 seats didn't fit across the middle row. They do in the Touran, with all seven seats in the boot space is tight and the only double buggy I could find to go in it was the Mothercare polka twin.

Have to say I also loved my galaxy but the touran's runnign costs are alot lower.

Kelly

lollismum
14-04-2008, 08:37 PM
hi, i've just recently got a vw touran (used to have a ford fusion)
i think its great... but if all 7 seats are used boot space is very tight!!
but i put one of the back seats down and then fit my double buggy in!!
which is ok for now as i only need 5 seats!!
good luck :thumbsup:

littletreasures
14-04-2008, 08:52 PM
I am on my 2nd Renault Grand Espace. It is great. Even with all the seats being used I can fit my double nipper 360 in the boot.

littletreasures