PDA

View Full Version : Sharing and Taking Turns books?????

Spangles
11-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Hi

I desperately want to buy a book for a 3 year old that introduces the ideas of sharing and taking turns and not fighting! Ha ha! A lot to ask for I know! could be 3 separate books!

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I've found a couple on Amazon but it's not clear to me if they are for the adult to read for reference or to read to the child. I want stories that I can read to a 3 year old about these things and then ask them what they think/feel have learnt etc after if you see what I mean?

Thank you.

miffy
11-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Why don't you try your library first to see if there's anything suitable - you could then "test" out the books before you buy

miffy xx

Spangles
11-04-2008, 08:34 PM
I looked in our library today and there was nothing there. Loads about hospitals, dentists, parents having MS, first day of school, moving house, eating veg, etc etc but nothing about anything like that unfortunately!

louise
11-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Hi, I got one about 2 years ago from M and S called its mine. Its a board book about a elephant that has a new bike and doesn't want to share it. She then realises thats its more fun to share. They also do one called Remember the magic word about saying please. I don't know if they still stock them but worth a look. My son is 4 on Mon and i read them tonight to him.

Hth Lou

sarah707
11-04-2008, 09:40 PM
We like this one... not expensive either! :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mine-Hiawyn-Oram/dp/0711206821

miffy
11-04-2008, 09:44 PM
I looked in our library today and there was nothing there. Loads about hospitals, dentists, parents having MS, first day of school, moving house, eating veg, etc etc but nothing about anything like that unfortunately!

Perhaps if you got the titles of some books your library could order them in from another library for you

Sorry you will think I'm obsessed with libraries :laughing:

miffy xx

ma7ie
11-04-2008, 09:55 PM
I've been looking at this book on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0316111538/ref=sib_rdr_dp
It looks like it might have some of the stuff you are looking for.:D

Spangles
12-04-2008, 02:12 PM
Thank you for the replies, I'll take a look later and get ordering!

:)

jaytravis
14-04-2008, 07:06 AM
woolies ahve some for 1.00 they have another one simalr but cant rember what its called but im going to get some on tuesday

Chell
14-04-2008, 07:32 AM
Hi, I got one about 2 years ago from M and S called its mine. Its a board book about a elephant that has a new bike and doesn't want to share it. She then realises thats its more fun to share. They also do one called Remember the magic word about saying please. I don't know if they still stock them but worth a look. My son is 4 on Mon and i read them tonight to him.

Hth Lou
I was going to post the same.

louise
14-04-2008, 06:14 PM
It had been bugging me as i thought we had got one awhile ago from the Library. I saw it in a shop yesterday. Sharing a shell
http://www.ciao.co.uk/Sharing_A_Shell_Julia_Donaldson__6482281
Hth
Lou

namtasha
14-04-2008, 08:48 PM
lift the flap books like dear zoo are good for practical sharing activities, one lifts the flap and the other makes the noise then next page swap my lot love reading like this

Spangles
14-04-2008, 11:16 PM
Thank you.

I bought the Sharing the Shell book on Sunday but I'm not that keen on it for some reason which is strange as it's by the Gruffallo writer and I love her books normally!

I am still looking though - thanks to everyone as usual for all of your help, I've got my eye on some of your suggestions on E-bay!

x