PDA

View Full Version : CSSIW and possible variation

Ms WG
11-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Have a mum on maternity leave but mindee has stayed with me during the course of maternity leave. She didnt want to pay a retainer for new baby but now wants me to have him 2 days a week when she returns to work.

I've taken another child on in the meantime which means I only have a place available for the sibling one day a week

Emailed my Inspector for some advice about the possibility of a variation one day per week, for 6 hours, to enable the continuity of care of exisiting child and then to care for her sibling.

Had a reply and Inspector says

"In principle the variation could be possible but may have to be time limited"

What does time limited mean? That variation would only be granted for six months, or one year? or that variation only applies while the sibling is in my care, or his older sister goes into my over 5 age group? Puzzled

manjay
11-11-2010, 06:21 PM
usually the limits they put on are until, as you say, one moves up an age group or one leaves your care. That is what they have always done with me in the past.

Ms WG
11-11-2010, 06:24 PM
usually the limits they put on are until, as you say, one moves up an age group or one leaves your care. That is what they have always done with me in the past.

Thanks for that. thought it made more sense that say only having a variation for six months, as you end back where you were in the first place !

The older sibling will start school about a year after the variation is needed, so hopefully should end then !

Taaaaaaa muchly