PDA

View Full Version : Is it too early....

aly
11-04-2008, 08:16 PM
for me to start writing up policies etc now?
I haven't doen the ICP course yet but my way of thinking is if I do them now [or at least start] its a few less to worry about at the right time??

also how many policies do you have??
Im looking on the bromley site for ideas examples and there are hundreds {give or take ;)}

xx
aly

miffy
11-04-2008, 08:22 PM
There are no set rules for the number of policies you need atm but you must have a complaints procedure.

Safeguarding children is another important one as is a sickness policy and behaviour management policy

Read through the bromley site and decide which you think are appropriate to your setting

Good luck
miffy xx

fionamal
11-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Its never too early to start. There are lots to do so worth while doing it now while you have the time to do it.

manjay
11-04-2008, 08:31 PM
In Wales you have to submit certain policies with Part 2 of your application form. Once you have done your ICP you will get a mentoring session where you will be given a booklet called getting started. This helps you to write your Statement of Purpose, legally required policies and sample personal statements (which show how you will meet the 21 standards).

I didn't start writing mine until I had had all this help but it won't hurt to get some ideas together beforehand.

Any more questions, please ask

amanda xx

tulip0803
11-04-2008, 08:49 PM
In Wales you have to submit certain policies with Part 2 of your application form. Once you have done your ICP you will get a mentoring session where you will be given a booklet called getting started. This helps you to write your Statement of Purpose, legally required policies and sample personal statements (which show how you will meet the 21 standards).

I didn't start writing mine until I had had all this help but it won't hurt to get some ideas together beforehand.

Any more questions, please ask

amanda xx

Amanda is right - we work to different standards than England but the basic ones are similar. Accident and Emergency, child protection, complaints, Equal opps, food, working with parents, infectious illness exclusion, behaviour, bullying. lost child, uncollected child and fire procedures. We have to have a statement for each of the 21 standards which the NCMA will help with on the mentoring session. You could also look at and prepare permission forms.

The mentoring sessions are well worth going to. I was an OFSTED childminder and the CSSIW like the policies handed in a certain way which I wouldn't have known about. I wouldn't have known how to write a personal statement either. The NCMA will also give you a book and CD-ROM to help get your policies right when you attend the mentoring session.

sarah707
11-04-2008, 09:43 PM
I'd start now... you'll be done by next Easter that way! :laughing:

ma7ie
11-04-2008, 09:44 PM
I'd start now too. That way you won't get swamped with stuff all at once. :D

Monkey1
11-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Its never too early!

angeldelight
12-04-2008, 07:55 AM
It will take you ages so I would most def start now

Angel xx

manjay
12-04-2008, 07:59 AM
If you do start now just be prepared to change them around to how CSSIW like them written!!

amanda xx