PDA

View Full Version : Risk assessment for library

SMullin
11-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Hi everyone, i hope someone can help as ive reached a brick wall with this! When doing a risk assessment for a trip to the library what do i need to include?
I know it is everything that the child comes into contact with .....but im stuck.
The car, traffic, road safety, stranger danger but what else??
Please give me some clues on this :(

miffy
11-11-2010, 12:46 PM
My library risk assessment is just for the library itself.

I have other risk assessments for car journeys or walking.

That's just the way I do things otherwise I would have loads of risk assessments all with the same info on which is a waste of time and far too much faff imvho. Yet to be tested by Ofsted though.

Miffy xx

christine e
11-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Hi everyone, i hope someone can help as ive reached a brick wall with this! When doing a risk assessment for a trip to the library what do i need to include?
I know it is everything that the child comes into contact with .....but im stuck.
The car, traffic, road safety, stranger danger but what else??
Please give me some clues on this :(

Like Miffy I do a general walking and car journey risk assessment, my library RA is for once we arrive at our destination so how we enter the building, careful not to crush fingers in doors, how we negotiate steps inside and how I am going to stop toddlers from messing around or falling down the steps, what I will do if I am not happy with the behaviour of any other children in the library (often get unacompanied children using the computers who decide to start swearing), if I am not happy I complain to library staff but if it doesn't stop we leave, there is a play area in the library so I check out the suitablility of toys before letting the children play,

Cx

SMullin
11-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Thank you everyone that is a big help, i have done it now :) Now onto the next one....the supermarket x

nic t
29-01-2011, 04:19 PM
My library risk assessment is just for the library itself.

I have other risk assessments for car journeys or walking.

That's just the way I do things otherwise I would have loads of risk assessments all with the same info on which is a waste of time and far too much faff imvho. Yet to be tested by Ofsted though.

Miffy xx

Hi Miffy.

Just to let you know that I had done the same as you! Risk assessment for the library itself and then others to cover walking and car journey but Ofsted pulled me up on this and said I needed a specific one for walking to the library if that's what I do in order to recognise specific hazards along the route! :rolleyes: