PDA

View Full Version : Accounts Dates

John
11-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Help Meeeeeeeeeeeeeee Please

Today I have received my tax return I’m not to sure in my NCMA accounts book to fill it out until the end of April or stopped at the 5th of April? If it is just to the 5th I’ve done it wrong as I have entered in the accounts to date week beginning 7th of April. Should I stop and start a new accounts book or carry on till the end of April?

Hope anyone can understand what I’m saying and give me help. Hope i not asking a stuped question.

Thanks

John.

Trouble
11-04-2008, 07:29 PM
ive stopped at 7th and will carry on in the next book

just make a big note on it to say you have gone over

Trouble
11-04-2008, 07:30 PM
we are not accountants and they will know that:laughing:

Lou
11-04-2008, 07:30 PM
There is a question on the self assesment to ask where you have gone up to.

They take into account that the week might not end on the 5th.

Just put down that you have gone up to 7th it will be fine.

John
11-04-2008, 07:35 PM
No one told me when to stop lol but on the tax form it's as the 5th of April, Been trying to phone the HMRC all day no luck. This is my fisrt tax year like a few others on here i bet.

John.

Spangles
11-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Hi John

It's not a stupid question!

I haven't done mine yet but I'm going to fiddle about so I end on 5th April.

I'm trying not to worry about it as long as I know I've done it so it's all there somewhere if you see what I mean then it can't be too far wrong! Rascal's right we're not accountants so we can only do our best!

(Did you get our postcard?)

Lou
11-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Sorry when i have done it before its always had section to put date in.

havent looked at mine this yr its all going off to the accountant to deal with!

John
11-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Thanks for your Support I''ll keep it to the week ending from the 7th the start of the week as my last entry was the 11th of this month, will this be ok?

John.

Lou
11-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Thanks for your Support I''ll keep it to the week ending from the 7th the start of the week as my last entry was the 11th of this month, will this be ok?

John.

yes im sure that will be fine.

Do you know if you are having any probs, you can take it into tax office and they will fill it out for you

John
11-04-2008, 07:50 PM
yes im sure that will be fine.

Do you know if you are having any probs, you can take it into tax office and they will fill it out for you

I was told this tryed phoneing them today but no luck phones were busy all day proberly people like me.

John.

Monkey1
11-04-2008, 07:58 PM
You all sound so organised! Mine has arrived, still sitting unopened on the side!

Lou
11-04-2008, 07:59 PM
You all sound so organised! Mine has arrived, still sitting unopened on the side!

I am very organised, ive stuck mine in an envelope to post off to accountant lol so he can be organised

crazybones
11-04-2008, 08:00 PM
I opened mine and put it somewhere safe as we were painting at the time. :rolleyes: Not sure where was safe at that particular moment.

John
11-04-2008, 08:04 PM
I was going to open mine sunday when i'm not busy, but my finngers and eyes keeped looking at so opened it with a glass of wine, now looking at it i've drunk all the bottle lol.

John.

Trouble
11-04-2008, 08:06 PM
i havent got mine but im ready:clapping: :clapping:

crazybones
11-04-2008, 08:12 PM

Show off :p :laughing:

sarah707
11-04-2008, 09:50 PM
I date mine 1st April to 1st April as it's easier with my bills than trying to do percentages... if anyone wants to come and look at them, I'll show them what I mean. It's only pennies after all... I really wouldn't worry John.

If you're struggling to get through on the helpline, give it a week or so... they're always jammed just after the forms go out! :D

miffy
13-04-2008, 07:43 PM

I've got mine but I'm not ready :panic: :panic: :panic:

miffy xx

Trouble
13-04-2008, 07:44 PM
I've got mine but I'm not ready :panic: :panic: :panic:

miffy xx

i wish i could help but i dont think i could go their again this year:panic: :panic: :eek: