PDA

View Full Version : sent to me sick

Happy Bunny
10-11-2010, 04:09 PM
Parent dropped child off this morning saying she was a bit under weather and if she was ill to call her.
Half hour later child threw up, phoned parent who said she would call someone to collect. Then phoned me back saying no-one was available so i had to take her to school and they could phone her later. ?????
Took child as requested who then promptly turned to teacher and said i threw up this morning, teacher asked why on earth had i brought child in, replied I am a childminder and it was parents wishes.
Child then sent home lol lol apparently family member could do it after all.

caz3007
10-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Doesnt it make you cross that they could do it for the school but not for you. Hope the child doesnt turn up within the next 48 hours

claire'scherubs
10-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Unbelievable!!!!:eek:

Penny1959
10-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Typical - think it ok to pass bug around - not a thought to you, other mindees or class mates.

Also why do they think they can 'walk all over' childminders - but respect the rules of school. Needs pointing out to them that childminders have to abide by same rules as school - and therefore WILL NOT happen again.

Penny :)

melanieabigail2004
10-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Similar situation in my house. Mindee came yesterday with awful nappies but mum never said a word until I spoke to her about it at pick up and she said 'Oh is he still doing it - he was like that Thurs - Sunday!!!!!. Well my little dd redecorated my car at lunchtime and has had her head in a bowl ever since. It makes me so angry :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

miffy
10-11-2010, 06:23 PM
What a cheek!

Hope you don't catch it!

Miffy xx

mrs.h
10-11-2010, 07:00 PM
hi,

similar situation here. child has two runny nappies and mum explains this with a lot of fruit and orange juice the night before. today ds is poorly (throwing up half of the day). i am so glad i have given notice to these people. wasn't the first time and there are other issues. just have to stick it out for 4 weeks.

take care,
mrs.h

appleblossom
10-11-2010, 07:09 PM
My 7.30am arrival turned up yesterday (Tuesday) with raging conjunctivitis.

Mum said she was really upset when she woke up as she couldn't open her eyes as the lids were firmly glued together. The poor child's eyes were red and almost closed, they were so swollen. I said I couldn't take her. Mum said she thought I might say that but that she had made an appointment for Thursday at the GP. I couldn't believe she was going to wait that long before getting treatment. She had been with another of my mindees on Monday (not with me Mon). The other one is now showing signs of it today. I think I'll have to re-issue my list of excluded illnesses as a reminder.

Alibali
10-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Ridiculous:mad:

karen m
10-11-2010, 07:10 PM
dad dropped little one off today saying bit under thev weather but she is teething,really bad nappy but this is the norm for her nappies really getting annoyed over this ,they bring 1 set of clothes if i ring they will ask if it is ok till home time ,do wonder if they think i may run off with spare clothes if they give more than 1 set