PDA

View Full Version : care to learn.

moogster1a
10-11-2010, 01:49 PM
HI,
I've got a mum who's going to be starting a college course to train as a nurse at the end of November and I need a couple of questions answering!
Will she receive all childcare costs as she's under 25?

Will care to learn pay £30 for a half day as it's an under 5 place? ( grandma will be picking up from afternoon nursery so i'll have lo from 8 till 12:30.

Will care to learn pay fees in holidays if mindee doesn't attend?

How much of a pain is it to register with them for fees? Do they need all details of hours attended etc. or do I just tell them my rate?

Last one!! Do they pay in advance or arrears, and will it be sorted by end of this month or does it take a while to go through?
Sorry for all the questions, but as I think you've guessed I've not used care to learn before!!

sarah32
10-11-2010, 02:58 PM
http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=67700&highlight=care+to+learn

Theres a few threads about care to learn, I had a bad time signing up with them, they wouldnt chase up the mums college for paperwork to be signed, ended up myself doing it all, took 7 weeks to be paid.

If i remember right I was then paid in advance for that month. I told them my hourly rate and I think I was paid 1/2 fee in school holidays.

Im sure someone else will come and along and fill in the gaps.

Good luck:)

caz3007
10-11-2010, 04:14 PM
I had a bad time with them paying me late every month and I spent lots of stressful phone calls before it did go in.

I was paid in advance and got full pay for holidays as my mum was on a placement for her course, although it was in a school :laughing:

I wouldnt take them on again unless I didnt need the money to pay my bills, you do get it EVENTUALLY

Joda
10-11-2010, 04:37 PM
I get paid through Care to Learn for one of my mindee's. He started in September and it took all of September to get the paperwork through before I was paid but now it's up and running everything is fine.
They pay in advance and I get all the holidays at half fee which is fine.

Lesley P
10-11-2010, 05:33 PM
my co childminder is having a bad time with them she has had child since september and paperwork still isnt right so still hasnt been paid!!!
they do pay retainers, and have a limit to how much they will pay weekly but seems generous just keep pushing and pushing.....:(

jaja
11-11-2010, 09:48 AM
:angry: :angry: i finally got paid 7 weeks after care started this took a phone call nearly every weeka nd sometimes two or three times in the week, i rang them the other day to find out when the next paymetn would be to get it into advance and they havent sent me the forms which i apparently need to fill in so i carnt get paid until i have them, so i am now two weeks in arrers again, they posted them out a week ago and still nothing, they dont seem to care, i explained that i needed the money and they said they couldt fax the forms, or email it it would be posted second class as they dont do first class and would take up to 10 working days for me to recieve it, last time they sent forms out it took 4 attempts and after a month i recieved them, had enough of them, if it wasnt for the little boy i wouldnt be doing it, I am suppost to be gettting full pay in holidays as thats what i charge for holidays.

noone seems to know what they are doing or they seem to care then donrt even write stuff on the computer or tell you what you want to hear, i am running out of patience with them, unhelpful and rude was the last lady i spoke to she put the phone down on me when i asked if she would like working and not getting paid and then i say well theres nothing i can do about it, all i get is, this is the busiest time of the year and everyone needs to be patient and wait!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

thats what i think about care to learn, oh apparent from they should change there name cause i they dont care.....

so this is so negative, i am sure that rachelle will be along soon with her story as she is having the same trouble as me

xxxxxxxx

desiderata
11-11-2010, 10:07 AM
Yeah it seems were all having trouble. I was asked by our early years team to have a baby through care to learn . It took 2 - 3 months to get it right to start with they then paid from April to June then I had to redo paperwork and they paid from June to Aug 16 My networker told me it was fine to have child during holiday as I was paid full anyway so care continued. Then in Sept parent messed college about and didnt start on course, got course changed then only went once!! So in Oct I was told not to have child anymore. I still havent been paid since Aug 16. i keep ringing and sending letters then the other day they asked for my bank details to be confirmed yet again. I did this by sending a copy of my statement, they sent this back with a thankyou letter still no money when I rang the very young sounding girl said they hadnt received my statement!!! I said yes you have I have a letter confirming this! Then she informed me that they only pay full in term time and 1/2 retainer in holidays and then as parent hadnt gone to college they wont fund the rest so they say there not sending anymore money.!!!! I am still sending letters and have asked my Network to ask too! I wont be doing this againxxx

RachelE
11-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Where do I start?!! :rolleyes:

I care for a gorgeous girl whose Mum is training to be a nurse. - they dont get typical holidays - 2 weeks at Christmas, 2 in August and 1 in Spring. I charge full fee for these weeks. I also charge a set daily fee. Sometimes I have the child 7am - 5pm and sometimes only half of the day, so I just set a flat daily rate - its easier.

But, the paperwork and payment side of this whole scheme is absolutely ****!

I have shed tears, got angry, stressed and spent many frustrating hours on the phone to try and get payments.

One person tells you a different story to the next. The dont thave the info and then 2 seconds later they find it!?
The only person I have ever spoken to, who has made any sense is a man called Jeremy. He sounds older and wiser - which isnt hard!

You will get paid - eventually - and then it will be in advance. But, be prepared to wait for weeks before getting any.
Its annoying as the paperwork cant really be started in advance, as C2L want evidence from the college that the student is attending.

Whilst the parent and child I look after are fantastic, I'm pretty sure that I wouldnt take on another child therough this.

Good luck, shout if you need anything! :thumbsup:

Rachel x

Nicky108
11-11-2010, 11:19 AM
I have been looking after a 2y girl under care to learn since Oct 09 no problem,at the end of july, the end of the school year her mum gave me more forms to fill in for this school year and the summer retainer, filled them and returned them 3 days later. Mum started back at collage and her daughter back with me in sept, and still more forms, filled and returned.
I got a letter from my bank last week telling me i was overdrawn so i checked my bank statements. My care to learn hadn't been paid in, so i phoned them up. The mum hadn't bothered to put the forms in yet:censored: , i asked them what i should do and the said talk to the mum. She put the forms in last thurs, but i get a call from the collage on tuesday she hasn't handed in the part of the form which needs to by filled in by the tutor, so i'm still not getting paid. I am highly unlikley to get the summer retainer as that form should have been in by sept 31st. She got pulled in by the collage yesterday about her attendance, but hasn't turned up today:angry:

Who ever thought that a teenager is a responsible member of society needs their head examined. So I just really have to sit and wait to see if i am gonna get the £1400.00 that i have worked for and am owed.

Nicky

magicminding
16-11-2010, 12:39 PM
would you be so kind as to share Jeremys phone number? I have been dealing with a Beverley, who is helpful, but not getting any joy. About to serve notice I am so mad :angry: Got someone to fill the space from January, so gonna wait til paid upto and including December and then cancel;)

rickysmiths
16-11-2010, 12:56 PM
I have had a little boy since Sept. We filled in all the forms in Aug. Then again in Sept and again in Oct. I got a letter 10 days ago asking for my Bank Details :angry: they have had them 3 times. So I sent them off again nothing. Mum ran them this morning and they now say they want a Bank Statment. Why didn't they ask for that in the beginning :angry:

I have had no money for 3 months work, it is nuts and I have told her I can't do another month with no pay. If they don't get it right for December and I have all the back money I will have no alternative but to give notice. I have turned away 2 children who would have filled this palce since September. I have had a call today for one for the New Year which I will take.

It is such a shame because the mum is only 18 and has got off her backside and is at college doing an NVQ Level 3 in Childcare. I really wanted to support her even though Care to Learn do not pay my fee their max is less than my normal hourly rate.