PDA

View Full Version : Home made crispy chips!!

sunflower
10-11-2010, 12:35 PM
Hiya
I was wondering if anyone has a Tefal Actifry and whether they are pleased with their purchase?

Before I spend £££ on buying one :D

amanda1309
10-11-2010, 01:03 PM
I don't have one but my mam does. She swears by it and the few times I've had chips at her house they have been lovely.
But they are expensive.:)

little chickee
10-11-2010, 01:13 PM
i have one - have had it for 2 years - absolutly LOVE it. Chips are fab and healthy. My kids now refuse deep fat fryed chips in favour of the tefal ones.

Hubby still prefers his deep fat chips - when i ask my boys if they want chips they ask "Mums chips or dads chips" Dads get a no, mine get a yes.

Also fab for sausages, chicken, veg etc.

sunflower
10-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Thanks Amanda for your reply...yes they are very expensive and thats whats putting me off buying one.
It says on the box that it makes crispy home made chips, I like the idea of the small amount of fat used tho.
Hopefully someone else has got and used one, to help me make my mind up :D

jaytravis
10-11-2010, 01:48 PM
sorry for sounding abit dim but is that one of the square metal net things that u cook chips on lol we got one from home batginsd a tefal one and i dont think that much to it unless im doing it wrong lol and knowing my cooking skills i prop am

The Juggler
10-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Thanks Amanda for your reply...yes they are very expensive and thats whats putting me off buying one.
It says on the box that it makes crispy home made chips, I like the idea of the small amount of fat used tho.
Hopefully someone else has got and used one, to help me make my mind up :D

home made oven chips are just as nice and less expensive. just cut chunky chips, sprinkle with paprika or some spices (I've got the garlic lovers grinder which makes yummy ones at the mo). use a tiny amoutn of olive oil and make sure they are:D all covered. cook for 15 mins. lovely.

miffy
10-11-2010, 06:25 PM
home made oven chips are just as nice and less expensive. just cut chunky chips, sprinkle with paprika or some spices (I've got the garlic lovers grinder which makes yummy ones at the mo). use a tiny amoutn of olive oil and make sure they are:D all covered. cook for 15 mins. lovely.

Hmmmmmn, they do sound nice!

Miffy xx

Trouble
10-11-2010, 06:32 PM
we by our from the chippy:blush: