PDA

View Full Version : Pet record form

sunflower
09-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Not sure if we need one, but if we do, has anyone got a pet record form they dont mind sharing with me please.
eg: their injections, flee treatments, worming ect..
or if anyone could tell me what information is required

a big thanks in advance :D

michellethegooner
09-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Don't actually have a copy stored that I can share as I fill it in by hand, basically it is four columns across with 1.Date 2.medication/vaccines 3.what is being treated 4.next dose due

Hope that helps

sunflower
09-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Thank you Michelle, thats a great help :thumbsup:

mama2three
10-11-2010, 08:11 AM
I just kept my dogs vet record book in with my pet policy so parents could look at when she had been vaccinated , wormed etc if they chose. Sad to say dont have her any more :(

TheBTeam
10-11-2010, 08:17 AM
We have just got a new puppy and i have risk assessed etc, but dont plan to be showing my dogs vet history, worming proof, if parents are distrusting enough to not believe i do this because i have a family too, then i am not the right childminder for them, same as i dont prove my kids are vaccinated!!

That said i sent a child home last week covered in red raised bumps, turns out their cat is full of fleas and they are all bitten head to foot, so if he has bought flipping cat fleas into my house I will be very very unhappy!, surely the young one was not the first to be covered in bites without the rest of them having any!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

Mollymop
10-11-2010, 10:00 AM
We have just got a new puppy and i have risk assessed etc, but dont plan to be showing my dogs vet history, worming proof, if parents are distrusting enough to not believe i do this because i have a family too, then i am not the right childminder for them, same as i dont prove my kids are vaccinated!!

Same here. I don't keep all my dog's history for clients to see.

miss mopple
10-11-2010, 12:54 PM
I use this as a reminder for me. Keep it on the fridge and fill in as necessary. I haven't added injections on there as all that's on her vet card anyway. I believe Ofsted have been known to ask for dog records so worth keeping :thumbsup:

sunflower
10-11-2010, 12:59 PM
I use this as a reminder for me. Keep it on the fridge and fill in as necessary. I haven't added injections on there as all that's on her vet card anyway. I believe Ofsted have been known to ask for dog records so worth keeping :thumbsup:

Thank you :thumbsup:
could i ask do you have a policy you dont mind sharing please, been looking for bromley site for last 15 mins and just cant find it :panic:

Penny1959
10-11-2010, 01:03 PM
I don't keep records of our 2 dogs and was not ask by inspector ANY questions about dogs - although have to say are not allowed in areas used for childminding.

Penny :)

miss mopple
10-11-2010, 01:05 PM
I do have a policy but obviously it's specific to my setting (same as RA) and covers all my animals (we are a mini menagerie with a house rabbit, guinea pigs, hamster and fish as well as a puppy :laughing: ) . Where the dog is concerned I have talked about injections being up to date, how the dog is managed around the children (eg kept in kitchen, no unsupervised access etc), how children are taught to respect her space, handwashing and hygeine etc. I also have a detailed RA explaining in detail how I keep the children safe around the animals.

Hope that helps.

sunflower
10-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Yes has helped me... thanks :D