PDA

View Full Version : variation application and inspection

Hayley102
09-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Hi

I am due my next inspection in 2011. I am currently full with pre-school children have a 1 year old, 2 year old and two 3/4 year olds who share the week. One of these 3/4 year olds parents want me to pick her up from pre-school full time which means applying for variation on the 2 days that I have the other 3/4 year old. Do you think this will influence when I get my next inspection? i.e. will they come sooner rather than later?

bandlady
09-11-2010, 07:28 PM
I was due an inspection in October. I applied for a variation in August which was accepted and i have not heard from Ofsted since, so I would suggest that if you need a variation apply for it I don't think it will influence an early inspection.

Denise

Hayley102
11-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Thanks. I need all the time i can get before my next inspection so didn't want to do anything that may bring it forward!

suzyblue
12-11-2010, 08:16 AM
I was due my inspection in May and since then I have registered an assistant, extended my house, increased my numbers and applied for a variation on all separate occasions and still no inspection!

miffy
12-11-2010, 08:22 AM
I think it depends on your area - I know two minders who were both due their inspection in February this year.

One notified Ofsted of a change in circumstances and had her inspection a few weeks later, the other cm is still waiting for hers.

I have been told (and I'm sure I've also read it somewhere in all the gumpf that comes from Ofsted) that reporting any change to them might prompt an inspection, and they do sometimes inspect before granting a variation.

Miffy xx

Mouse
12-11-2010, 08:59 AM
My cm friend was due her insection in June. Since then she's had several variations & taken on two assistants. She thought it would trigger her inspection & indeed Ofsted did come out when she was taking on the second assistants as she wanted to up her numbers to the maximum, but it was only to go over the numbers, check she had an idea of how she was going to work it all, check she had enough space etc. She didn't want to see any paperwork other than RA's.

The friend is still waiting for her inspection. I guess it depends how far behind insections are in your area. They seem quite far behind here.