PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see at Childcare Expo 2011?

childcareexpo
09-11-2010, 02:34 PM
What would make Childcare Expo 2011 a must attend event for you?

The show is targeted at Childminders, Nursery Managers and Early Years Professionals just like you and we want to hear what you would like to know more about; be it new equipment, qualifications or training services.

Childcare Expo 2011 is being held at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry on Friday 16th - Saturday 17th September 2011, is free to attend and children are welcome. Visit the Childcare Expo website for more information.

Last year the show provided visitors with advice and information about the latest products and practices available to the industry, so what would you like to hear about this year?

sarah707
09-11-2010, 05:54 PM
I think the fact it is on at the weekend this time will make me more likely to put it in my diary. :thumbsup:

I love the sensory companies who sell bits and bobs and places like the sweetie shop for displays.

I think people would love some training that we don't get very often... even going back to basics stuff like how to write / what to put in a newsletter or working in partnership with other settings ideas... the kinds of things people ask about on here time and time again.

:D

Playmate
09-11-2010, 06:11 PM
I think the fact it is on at the weekend this time will make me more likely to put it in my diary. :thumbsup:

I love the sensory companies who sell bits and bobs and places like the sweetie shop for displays.

I think people would love some training that we don't get very often... even going back to basics stuff like how to write / what to put in a newsletter or working in partnership with other settings ideas... the kinds of things people ask about on here time and time again.

:D

excellent ideas Sarah, I to will put it in my diary to come on the Saturday. I will try and have a think about some ideas and come back.

singlewiththree
09-11-2010, 06:19 PM
I've never even heard of it before? What is it and when is it?

jumpinjen
09-11-2010, 06:24 PM
having a system in place whereby when all the seminars are booked up by people just booking everything then going to only one or two, the places can be given to others ona waiting list, or limiting the number of seminars that can be booked to two per person maybe.... I could have gone on the thursday this time but opted not to as all the seminars were booked out and my polite enquiry as to whether if there were empty seats on the day I could sit in went unanswered!!

jenni

manjay
09-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Definitely having it at the weekend will make it much easier to attend. I love seminars where you get an hour with an expert giving you loads of hints and tips. Much like we have when we visit the Early Years show in Manchester.

I will be back if I think of more:D

Playmate
09-11-2010, 06:59 PM
I think an area that alot of us still struggle with is planning for individual children. So maybe some ideas for using next steps.
Other ideas: heuristic play and information technology.

Donkey
10-11-2010, 08:55 PM
yey another forum road trip!!!!!

just happy its on the weekend, and also places to buy cheap and unusual resources...

:)

Rain or Shine
10-11-2010, 09:05 PM
This sounds great, do you have to book a place or can you just turn up on the day???
I really want to go!

See you there guys x

smartie
10-11-2010, 09:16 PM
The show is targeted at Childminders, Nursery Managers and Early Years Professionals just like you and we want to hear what you would like to know more about; be it new equipment, qualifications or training services.

... latest products and practices available to the industry, so what would you like to hear about this year?

I am absolutely desperate to find a fold up, fold out double buggy that faces the pusher, which is under the £200 bracket. Would be a must have item with all childcare providers, especially as all recent research out there states that it enhances the childs social and language development. I have scoured the internet and been to every baby equipment provider and they dont have anything suitable. Only ones built like tanks and twice/thrice the price.

broadwayevents
12-11-2010, 09:58 AM
I've never even heard of it before? What is it and when is it?

Paula,

Childcare Expo is a national exhibition which is specifically designed to promote products and practices for all professionals in the Early Years sector. Last year's show featured seminars and demonstrations and also an inspirational feature area called Place to Play, we're looking at a similar format this year. It's at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry and is on Friday 16th September and Saturday 17th September 2011. If you want anymore information just let us know :)

broadwayevents
12-11-2010, 10:09 AM
Sarah, Manjay, Flutterbyes and Playmate,

Thank you very much for your ideas, its really useful to know what you think! We take it all onboard when planning the show.

Jenni,

We've looked into the seminar booking system and how to make it more efficient. The full seminar programme will be up on the website early in the new year.

Rain or Shine,

The website is being updated at the moment and as soon as it goes live you'll be able to pre-register for the show. Pre-registering will give you access to all the latest show news and updates - and its free! You can also just turn up and register at the show.

Everyone,

Thank you for your help, if you've got anymore ideas, know of anyone else who might or want anymore information just let us know! We look forward to seeing you at the show :)