PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for 19 month old

kel1983
09-11-2010, 02:28 PM
Any ideas for activities and messy play for a 19 month old. I have a few ideas but wondered if any of you experienced minders can give some guidance.

Thankyou in advance

Kelly

mummyof3
09-11-2010, 02:51 PM
My two mindees 22mths and 2yrs love Jelly Play, Rainbow Rice, Painting, Glue and Glitter, baking and fisher price little people!!

Hope that helps :D

jacey
09-11-2010, 02:53 PM
I look after a now 20th month old who is starting to enjoy using crayons, chunky felts, painting and gluing as not everything goes straight into their mouths :clapping:
They are looking to the older children for inspiration and want to join in with them at crafty time.

kel1983
09-11-2010, 04:21 PM
mummyof3, Jelly Play sounds brilliant. Most definately going to try that one out. :clapping: The rest are lovely ideas to Thankyou

jacey, thanks for your suggestions too. She loves the chunky crayons. She spent a whole morning just drawing on scraps of paper.

Thankyou everyone

Mouse
09-11-2010, 04:28 PM
I blob different colour paint in the though spot & add shaving foam. When the children mix it round, it makes different colours & goes all gloopy. The children mix it with spoons or bare hands. We can them hide llittle animals or people in it (the toys, not the real thing!).

I don't know if it's because ofthe shaving foam, but it rinses off really easily as well :thumbsup: