PDA

View Full Version : Just getting started and need advice on childminding briefing statement

BabyBoo
09-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Hello, Newbie here.

So glad I have found this site as I am just getting started out in the childminding industry.

I have my childminding briefing next week and need to produce a written statement. Eek haven't had to stand up and talk in front of people since school :blush:

I just wanted to know what to write about in my statement as the letter I received about the briefing did not say.

Many thanks :thumbsup:

Pauline
09-11-2010, 01:05 PM
I've never heard of anyone having to stand up and do a statement before! :eek:

I will move your post to the 'Starting Childminding and pre-reg' Section, you will get more replies there from those who are going through the process. :thumbsup:

Good luck :)

BabyBoo
09-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Oh maybe I've got it wrong then lol
As it stated in the letter a written statement, I thought this would mean reading it out.

Hopefully I've got it wrong then :blush:

Katiekoo
09-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Hi,
Welcome! I have not heard of that either :( In my ICP training we did have to write a statement about why we wanted to be a childminder, I think it was to make sure you are going into it for the right type of reason and that your expectations are realistic, I don't know really.
You could write something about yourself I guess - how you came to think about becoming a childminder and what you hope to get out of it, any experience you have. It's hard to say really.
Hope that helps, maybe someone else has had to do this and can help you a bit more than I have been able to! :blush:
Katiekoo