PDA

View Full Version : Registered Childminder at last!

Katiekoo
08-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Yey, I finally got my registration through! Woo hoo! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
They approved me on Friday but the Certificate isn't here yet, they emailed me confirmation.
This whole process has felt like leaping from one terrifying ordeal to another!Now for the next scary ordeal - settling in sessions. I'm quite prepared for looking after other peoples children, what I'm worried about is looking after other peoples children in front of them! They could be thinking " ooh I don't hold him like that, mind his head, don't let him chew that". I am just fretting!:blush:
I've got my first settling in session on Thursday where we'll also be going through paperwork.
I'm sure it will be ok really, just thought I'd be more relaxed than this!

Now while I'm here - have i got all the paper work I need to get started?;
Contracts (ncma),
Child Record Forms (ncma),
Information for Childminder - emergency contacts, likes/dislikes etc (my own),
Permissions form; suncream, emergency childcare, emergency medical, car, outings, walking, first aid kits, photos.
Emergency cards to carry in purse,
Copy of Policies,
Certificates - just to show.

Anything I've missed?
Actually I'm getting more excited now :D

miffy
08-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Congratulations! :clapping:

Have you got your insurance sorted out?

Miffy xx

rharrison43140
08-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Well done, think you've got all the basic's to begin. You will think of and gain more as you go along! Lol! I'm in my 3rd month and have loads of paperwork now :blush: It's all worth it! xx

Katiekoo
08-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Yes I do - thanks,:) ncma. I also have all my 'welcome pack' ready and a lot of paper work ready for EYFS stuff not sure if I have everything though;
LJ's,
personal development file,
planning file, year plan and monthly theme sheets plus my diary,
assessment and observation sheets,

Plus risk assessments of pretty much everything!
Just want to be sure I'm not missing anything major! ;)

anisha
08-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Congratulations:)

Katiekoo
08-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Well done, think you've got all the basic's to begin. You will think of and gain more as you go along! Lol! I'm in my 3rd month and have loads of paperwork now :blush: It's all worth it! xx

Gosh it already feels like tons!