PDA

View Full Version : Pre-reg visit HEEEEELLLLLLPPPP!! Need Advice

guest2
08-11-2010, 11:54 AM
Need advice!
CRB arrived last week I spoke to Ofsted to find out what happens next and was informed that someone had requested a pre-reg visit on October 26th I still have not heard from anyone to book a date for the visit. Ofsted told me to ring back at the end of next week if I have not heard anything.
What do you think I should do as I am itching to get it over and done with so that I can start looking after some children. Should I wait till next week to ring or bite the bullet and ring now to see if I can speak to someone to book the appointment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:idea:

Katiekoo
08-11-2010, 01:08 PM
I would ring, I think I read that there's a deadline for the visit and if you pass the deadline you have to start over again. It can't hurt to call.

Mookins
08-11-2010, 01:13 PM
give them a call hun, chase them up xxx

Goatgirl
08-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Need advice!
CRB arrived last week I spoke to Ofsted to find out what happens next and was informed that someone had requested a pre-reg visit on October 26th I still have not heard from anyone to book a date for the visit. Ofsted told me to ring back at the end of next week if I have not heard anything.
What do you think I should do as I am itching to get it over and done with so that I can start looking after some children. Should I wait till next week to ring or bite the bullet and ring now to see if I can speak to someone to book the appointment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:idea:

Hi :),
Definitely call: this visit is for them to help you out if you've overlooked anything, so should be a reasonable pleasant experience. Best to get it over and done with... Even if not everything's as you want it for when you start minding, just tell them what you will be putting in place. It'll be fine and you'll be so relieved once its behind you :thumbsup:

Good luck :)
Wendy

CHUNKY MONKEY
08-11-2010, 02:26 PM
I would ring, I think I read that there's a deadline for the visit and if you pass the deadline you have to start over again. It can't hurt to call.

Hi, you don't need to start again! I only know this as I was told this by the outsourced company only to be told by Ofsted that they would not penalise me for Prospectus not doing their job. This is something they say when they realise they have left it too late :rolleyes:

guest2
08-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Hi

I have just spoken to Ofsted and they have given me the number of the company who will be doing the visits I rang the number and they couldn't find my details, when I gave them my address details I appeared in the system they have told me that I should be hearing from someone soon as they are dealing with the applications in date order!!

Still no nearer to getting a date! Worried a little more considering the person I spoke to couldn't find me on the system, just wish it was over with now and I was looking after children...

Siana
08-11-2010, 04:12 PM
I would keep calling every so often to see when you are in their system.

I rang last week, a week after my crb coming through and they rang me that night and booked visit the following morning. Needless to say there was some mild panic going on that night!

guest2
08-11-2010, 09:55 PM
I would keep calling every so often to see when you are in their system.

I rang last week, a week after my crb coming through and they rang me that night and booked visit the following morning. Needless to say there was some mild panic going on that night!

I am hoping they'll tomorrow now I have phoned them fingers crossed will let everyone kno when I have a date booked!!!!