PDA

View Full Version : Wooo Hoooo Capital Grants

grindal
08-11-2010, 11:05 AM
I know these are a contentious issue..... but

I applied to Enfield back in February for some funding for an outdoor play area. By the time the applications were due to be processed the funds were withdrawn by the government. My application included a business plan, photos, 3 estimates, a supporting statement, health and safety implications and so on and I was really disappointed.
Last month we were informed that some of the existing applications were going to be reviewed with some limited funding, and today I have just found out I am gonna get £2500 for my outdoor play area :clapping: :clapping:

I am sooooo pleased I did not do all that hard work for nothing!

charlie potato
08-11-2010, 11:07 AM
well done. congratulations xx

guest2
08-11-2010, 11:15 AM
well done!!
Funding is going to be little slim for the forseeable i think use it wisely!!

:clapping: :clapping:

Chimps Childminding
08-11-2010, 11:19 AM
well done!!! June and I got £2500 each last year :clapping: - she used hers for IT stuff, light box, etc and I purchased more outdoor toys, climing frame, wendy house etc. we get together at some point most days so all the children in our care benefit from both lots of resources!!!:clapping:

Lick'le Oakes
08-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Fantastic, you must be so pleased and excited:clapping: :clapping:

Mookins
08-11-2010, 11:25 AM
well done hun, very pleased for you especially after all your hard work you obviously put into it:clapping:

xx

grindal
08-11-2010, 11:33 AM
Thank you all - I am extremely pleased - I was so cross when I found out the funding had been withdrawn as we were actively encouraged to apply and it took such a long time to do all the paperwork and get all the quotes!

What a great surprise for a rainy Monday morning!

em29
08-11-2010, 12:50 PM
Oh congratulations! I have just applied for a £1500 for my outdoor area. I HOPE that I get it! Well done x

squiggle
08-11-2010, 07:58 PM
I was awarded funding back in June and got £5000. I had a new block paved path done at the front of my house and loads of outdoor resources.

I was holding my breath though when waiting for the money back as the government was changing but it was all fine.

My DO is visiting me on friday to look at everything
xx

jellytot
08-11-2010, 08:47 PM
well done, :clapping:

I have applied for our max of £1000, I really hope to get it because as it is at the moment we have no garden to play in and it would really help us get somewhere with that.

fingers crossed for the rest of us xx

miffy
08-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Well done - I'm amazed anyone is getting anything with all the cutbacks.

Pleased your hard work wasn't wasted

Miffy xx

SaijaM
09-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Congratulations, well done!
I've only been minding for a few months, so sorry to be ignorant.. but how do you get invited to apply to this grant? Should I contact my network cordinator? Do you get the funds before you spend the money on the project or after..?
Million questions.. perhas this could be useful to me and I could apply one day! :)

xx