PDA

View Full Version : i've had a leak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrs coops
08-11-2010, 10:38 AM
my :censored: washing machine has leaked:angry: completley ruining my kitchen and living room floor which we have had to pull up (not a happy bunny as only had it down a few weeks).Underneath is the old fasion tiles which some have broken round the edges and by the doors so not in the middle of the floor but my worry is that my mindee is due on weds and not able to put new floor down to the weekend so what do i do? do i cancel mindee as don't want her falling and hurting herself (she is 21mths old) or do i just carry on and risk asses it ?

charlie potato
08-11-2010, 10:49 AM
I'd just carry on and risk assess. You'll be supervising closely anyway with her age. Maybe do activities out of the house like a play gym or visit other cm etc. xx:)

mrs coops
08-11-2010, 10:52 AM
thanks I could take her out but she arrives at 7am and leaves at 4 but the thing which worrys me with her is that she CONSTANTLY throws herself on the floor over every little thing even when i'm supervising her am i just being overcautious here? i just don't know what to do :(

sarah707
08-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Could you borrow rugs? :D

miffy
08-11-2010, 06:32 PM
If the broken tiles are around the edge of the room could you cover them.

If the rest of the tiles are OK then I'd risk assess and carry on.

Miffy xx

Andrea08
08-11-2010, 06:34 PM
she wont be throwing herself around after the first couple of times lol

dont worry hun put a rug down and she will be fine lord i went without a kitchen floor for ova a yr because the kitchen roof fell in after a storm... ruined my beautiful wood floor..

good luck x

mrs coops
08-11-2010, 09:54 PM
thanks for all your sugestions(sp) my dh has managed to beg tomorow off to do the floor thank god :clapping:

pinky33
09-11-2010, 08:48 AM
Make sure they are not marly tiles they have aspesdos in them, we had the same thing happen and it was done on the insurance. Had to have kitchen ripped out and tiles removed. It was hasstle but got new 20 grand kitchen and all new flooring and re decorated.

Hazel

angeldelight
09-11-2010, 11:00 AM
Hope you managed to get it sorted

Angel xx